The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
 
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:18 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
Not sure how much of interest this will be to others but as we are a very international group I thought I'd start a discussion...

Just booked my first two flights since March 8th...and it feels good! One to Phoenix for work and then taking the fam down to Key West - highly recommend the Casa Marina if you ever go there - http://www.casamarinaresort.com/ . Actually annoyed that Delta won't fly direct until mid July so have to fly into MIA and drive...beautiful drive though. EDIT. Writing this made me check...they have flights in June now...bastards. Gonna try and fly direct and avoid MIA.

Not said to impress but I am always Diamond with Delta b/c of how much I fly for work...being grounded took some getting use to but I'm ready to get out. I'm sure my family is looking forward to having me gone too! LOL Absence does make the heart grow fonder!!!!

Good time to book it seems with the reduced capacity and I found the price for first to be just about what I use to pay coach and hope for an upgrade. They let families take an entire row 3a,b,c,d) which makes sense. Anyway just thought I'd see what others were thinking and if folks are starting to fly in your part of the world...

Heres to getting back to normal! :woohoo:

Image
Image

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 am 
Offline
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 pm
Posts: 1316
Likes: 1711 posts
Liked in: 1663 posts
I am but a lowly Platinum Medallion SkyMiles member, but I share your desire to get back to traveling. :P

I always stay at Casa Marina when in Key West -- fantastic place, and an easy walk into town. Ping Pong Punch, anyone? :D

All that being said, I'm inclined to continue to wait it out for a while longer, just to see how things go.

Enjoy your travels -- and stay safe!

_________________
Cheers,
Jim



MickeyWatch likes this post.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:11 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
Moana43 wrote:
I am but a lowly Platinum Medallion SkyMiles member, but I share your desire to get back to traveling. :P

I always stay at Casa Marina when in Key West -- fantastic place, and an easy walk into town. Ping Pong Punch, anyone? :D

All that being said, I'm inclined to continue to wait it out for a while longer, just to see how things go.

Enjoy your travels -- and stay safe!


LOL I hear ya...Platinum or Diamond just means we are gone a lot. A couple European trips and 20,000 MQM's from 50k on the AMEX always put me over the top.
Cool you stay at Casa Marina...we've been going there for over 20 years. It use to be really affordable before the big remodel..but oh well progress. We aren't going till last week of June so for family trip....so I'm waiting a bit longer too.
Work trips start early June...

Excited I get to "pick out" which watches I am bringing on trips again...LOL #Pathetic

:strummin:

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 1202
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Location: Glasgow (home) & Reading (work)
Up to the end of March I flew to England every week for work (I live in Scotland).

The day after I made the decision to stop flying and work from home the flights started getting cancelled anyway.

As I always have flights booked about 8 weeks in advance I have just been changing the dates as they got cancelled, on a rolling basis - week by week.

Now that the airlines are beginning to start up some routes I now find my flights will be running again in a couple of weeks time. Trouble is they have changed the destination to one of the other outlying London airports so I'm not sure what to do next. Although I have been working from home OK all this time there are things I need to take care of in person.

The question I have to ask myself is: Do I want to sit on an aircraft with 150 other people, even if we are all wearing masks?

Also not looking forward to the hassle that goes with it.

Maybe normal will be travelling less and working from home more!

_________________
Aerospace Titanium & Gold - Grey Face
B-1 Fighter/Blue Shark - Blue Face

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
Emergency/Pro - Yellow INCOMING :lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 am 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 am
Posts: 12633
Likes: 114 posts
Liked in: 413 posts
Location: UK
Nothing to add on this - just wanted to say it's good to see you still around BB! Been far too long! :thumbsup:

_________________
Driver8

Site Moderator
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 1202
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Location: Glasgow (home) & Reading (work)
Driver8 wrote:
Nothing to add on this - just wanted to say it's good to see you still around BB! Been far too long! :thumbsup:


Thanks very much. You are spot on :yeahthat far too long even though I have been lurking for a wee while!

The FB group I'm in is ok and there are lots of nice people there but it doesn't have the same feel as it does/did here.

Maybe I should go and introduce myself again :lol: so as not to hijack this thread!

_________________
Aerospace Titanium & Gold - Grey Face
B-1 Fighter/Blue Shark - Blue Face

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
Emergency/Pro - Yellow INCOMING :lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:56 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
On a trip now and it’s a breeze...less crowded, planes are definitely clean. Lots of masks...much cha do about nothin’ at this point in my opinion. Everyone here has been going to grocery stores Home Depot Lowes Walmart for months… I see the airport as not much different.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:01 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Posts: 60
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 30 posts
That's good to hear. Personally, I've enjoyed the respite from traveling and I'll be back on the road all too soon. I enjoy traveling, but airline travel is the low point of any trip. I'd much rather fly myself wherever I'm going, but the routes I travel for business don't support self-locomotion.

BTW, what pieces did you decide to pack? 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:16 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
Nihon_Ni wrote:
That's good to hear. Personally, I've enjoyed the respite from traveling and I'll be back on the road all too soon. I enjoy traveling, but airline travel is the low point of any trip. I'd much rather fly myself wherever I'm going, but the routes I travel for business don't support self-locomotion.

BTW, what pieces did you decide to pack? 8)


DateJust41
SuperOcean on Breitling Rubber
Navitimer but as it has been 111°-114° I never wore it all it would’ve done is ruin the strap.

Ended up wearing the DJ on Jubilee the most because even the rubber could get “sweaty”...even with only 10% humidity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Posts: 60
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 30 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:
DateJust41
SuperOcean on Breitling Rubber
Navitimer but as it has been 111°-114° I never wore it all it would’ve done is ruin the strap.

Ended up wearing the DJ on Jubilee the most because even the rubber could get “sweaty”...even with only 10% humidity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:)

The bold part is something I'm just learning. When I only had one watch and one strap, I wore it everywhere except to Iraq. I'll probably see longer life out of my straps now that I'm being more careful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:43 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
Nihon_Ni wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:
DateJust41
SuperOcean on Breitling Rubber
Navitimer but as it has been 111°-114° I never wore it all it would’ve done is ruin the strap.

Ended up wearing the DJ on Jubilee the most because even the rubber could get “sweaty”...even with only 10% humidity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:)

The bold part is something I'm just learning. When I only had one watch and one strap, I wore it everywhere except to Iraq. I'll probably see longer life out of my straps now that I'm being more careful.


Oh no doubt...I love my straps leather and croc especially but hot humid days will lessen the life drastically.

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 1202
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Location: Glasgow (home) & Reading (work)
MickeyWatch wrote:
On a trip now and it’s a breeze...less crowded, planes are definitely clean. Lots of masks...much cha do about nothin’ at this point in my opinion. Everyone here has been going to grocery stores Home Depot Lowes Walmart for months… I see the airport as not much different.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When you say lots of masks do you mean on the flight or in the airport?

My flights are supposed to start again on the 15th (although the airline are messing about with times/destination/return leg) and masks are mandatory for crew and passengers.

As for watches when travelling I'm usually only away Monday to Thursday/Friday so I now only take one most of the time. That choice and the strap/bracelet changes with the seasons too but mostly I go for light and comfortable - titanium.

_________________
Aerospace Titanium & Gold - Grey Face
B-1 Fighter/Blue Shark - Blue Face

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
Emergency/Pro - Yellow INCOMING :lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:12 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am
Posts: 179
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Location: USA
Breitling Bloke wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:
On a trip now and it’s a breeze...less crowded, planes are definitely clean. Lots of masks...much cha do about nothin’ at this point in my opinion. Everyone here has been going to grocery stores Home Depot Lowes Walmart for months… I see the airport as not much different.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When you say lots of masks do you mean on the flight or in the airport?

My flights are supposed to start again on the 15th (although the airline are messing about with times/destination/return leg) and masks are mandatory for crew and passengers.

As for watches when travelling I'm usually only away Monday to Thursday/Friday so I now only take one most of the time. That choice and the strap/bracelet changes with the seasons too but mostly I go for light and comfortable - titanium.
I would say that 60% of the people in the airport where wearing masks. On the flight 100% wore masks - this was Delta and they have a mandatory mask policy on all flights at least for now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Mickey® 


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
 


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group