The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I’ve been without a Breitling in the collection since 2017 when I sold my Seawolf Avenger. I always loved the watch on steel and rubber, but it was just too big to wear with my daily attire at the time.

Nowadays I get the luxury of dressing much more causal and have recently developed a strong desire to return the the brand. I NEED (lol) to add a titanium analog/digital. The Aerospace Evo is top of the list!

I spoke to my local AD today. Who informed me that the Aerospace was discounted. However, it’s still on the Breitling website (although not available for purchase). I did some searches and looks like it might be relaunched this year.

I was wondering if anyone has more info, and when Breitling topically release new models. I believe Basel World is a thing of the past, is it Watch and Wonders now? Debating if I want to wait for a new release of monitor the secondary market.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to returning a Breitling to the collection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:05 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
Hello, I have no specific information, but there were some information that it might happen this year.
It seems that ETA is not supplying new movements for Aerospace so there was some shortage of Evo and then some people reported that they managed to find and buy them new.
I don't know about current supply of new Evos but news is that Breitling is developing in-house caliber for new Aerospace so it takes time to develop it, test it and introduce it in production.

Keeping fingers crossed for this year :)

What ever you decide, there's no analog/digital in the world prettier than Aerospace :lingsrock:

Robertus likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
I'm wondering how true to the original Breitling Aerospace configuration are they going to keep it. Imho, it still has to be titanium and it still has to be in a analog/digital format. Open to change on the dual screens, multi function crown, and rider tabs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 37 posts
I'd like to it to stay as titanium, 2 screen Ana digi. I'd like to have 2 pushers like on the B1. I found the multifunction crown to be too fiddly especially when I was in a hurry to time something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:24 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
1952 wrote:
I'd like to it to stay as titanium, 2 screen Ana digi. I'd like to have 2 pushers like on the B1. I found the multifunction crown to be too fiddly especially when I was in a hurry to time something.

I'd like 42mm, titanium of course, brighter screens, and back to solid hour and minute hands (no skeleton). I also like the idea of pushers for quicker control of functions but I think I read somewhere that design was initiated but lost out to original crown control ? If I don't hear more on the the design and schedule by end of this month I may buy an older model and save $$ since the new one will probably be crazy expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Kodiak wrote:
1952 wrote:

I'd like 42mm, titanium of course, brighter screens, and back to solid hour and minute hands (no skeleton). I also like the idea of pushers for quicker control of functions but I think I read somewhere that design was initiated but lost out to original crown control ? If I don't hear more on the the design and schedule by end of this month I may buy an older model and save $$ since the new one will probably be crazy expensive.

When the movement on my Aerospace Advantage died I just swapped the insides from my 40mm Aerospace E75362 over taking Advantage of the larger case. No back light, nor a superquartz, but it works just fine for me. ;-) Looking forward to see what the new Aerospace will look like.

Last edited by vintage on Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:02 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 14 posts
42 mm seems to be the perfect size.
I'm also for two (not oversized) additional pushers. The pushers might use the Avenger M1 and Superocean Chronograph M2000 magnetic pusher technology and thus (then with a screw-down crown) could have a more safe waterresistance. (The thin case of the Aerospace Avantage can be kept by keeping the 100 m WR specs.)
The two digital panels could show (instead of the functions) the chronograph and the seconds / day-date (finally a true perpetual calendar) at the same time (mechanical central second hand is an option of the digital second display upon Breitling decision), with switching for other functions on the chronograph panel could be signed with small dots or similar (see e. g. the dial outlay of the Junghans Aviator Chronograph: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/german-jun ... oot-steps/).
Lumed hands are more usable, thus preferable to the skeleton one of the last reincarnation.
I have the black dial Aerospace Avantage on the Pro II. bracelet and love this combo. (The only quartz watch in my small collection.) Backlight is not working any more but I don't have problem with this - battery consumption is lower and the movement replacement price is strictly prohibitive.
Best,
Robert
Attachment:
48366522_275632929815813_9136126386191204352_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 16 posts
I’d be happy as heck if they just used the B78 movement in an Aerospace style/size titanium watch. Two pushers, running seconds hand, all the functions I would ever need.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 6 posts
Henryj wrote:
I’d be happy as heck if they just used the B78 movement in an Aerospace style/size titanium watch. Two pushers, running seconds hand, all the functions I would ever need.

Or a revised B50 type movement with all the bugs worked out? I always thought the B55 was the heir apparent to the old Aerospace but it was simply not robust enough…

But the bigger display, improved functionality and more modern LCD would be perfect.

Bring back the B55 case, slap a bomb-proofed version of the B50 movement in it and I’m 100% in!

2003 A13353 Chronomat Blackbird
2007 Aerospace Avantage (sold)