The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:43 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Hello gents ...looking for a crystal with AR for my avenger skyland 45 mm.. a13380. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Anyone know the part number or even better.. if theres another crystal from another model that would fit breitling 13380? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Breitling does NOT make these available as “parts only”.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Oh.. I did see a few on eBay that must of leaked out but we're for different models ..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:38 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I just called and inquired about AR coating being fixed during the $500 service if I send my superocean in. Breitling said it's a $250+ additional cost to replace the crystal. They won't tell me any form prices or what they will or will not do unless I send them my watch. I'm a watchmaker in the US that does swiss luxury watch and mechanical watch repair for a living. It's pretty ridiculous. The turnaround time is also two months. The customer service is abysmal so far, I am dreading sending it in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:21 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Blueboost wrote:
I just called and inquired about AR coating being fixed during the $500 service if I send my superocean in. Breitling said it's a $250+ additional cost to replace the crystal. They won't tell me any form prices or what they will or will not do unless I send them my watch. I'm a watchmaker in the US that does swiss luxury watch and mechanical watch repair for a living. It's pretty ridiculous. The turnaround time is also two months. The customer service is abysmal so far, I am dreading sending it in.
Wow $800 and a few months of waiting ? ..I'll pass for now .. I do see these parts leak out to the gray and secondary markets

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
Breitling will not budge an inch on their methods.
I recently sent my Hurricane Avenger in, I wanted to swap he dial colour from Volcano to Cobra, I also needed the crystal replacing, On no account would they return my Volcano dial or my crystal, Although questionable what further usage i would have got out of it as i put my Dunce hat on and used Polywatch as i thought i could see a mark on it. Rubbed some of the AR coating off. That and a "recommended" service lightened my wallet to the tune of £890.
The original verbal estimate i had received was in the region of £450 before the £250 dial was added. Don't know where the difference came from, they close ranks when you question anything.

i will use Authorised Third party service centres in future, Never directly use Breitling again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Wow ..is like they use your watch as a pawn ! .. well I'm still trying to source the xstal as I do see them on eBay but for other Breitling models.. do anyone here know the actual size or model number to the crystal for the avenger skyland?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:02 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
Yes & since the situation above the Watch has been back as the chrono minute dial was not regulating to the main movement. As this was the 3rd time i asked Breitling to consider waiving the service cost. The were not willing to do this & were adamant the watch had "developed" a fault which they would fix under the Auspices of the Warranty. I then had a condescending lecture from the aftersales manager who tried to convince me that Breitling were on a par with Rolex LOL. They reluctantly agreed to do the next maintenence service FOC.
Interestingly the Watch has got to go back AGAIN as the Second hand on the Chrono will not return to the 12 o'clock position upon resetting.