Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Superocean 2 advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:09 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Need some advice on my next watch, I'm looking for a true better/diver watch. I already one a black bay, so I'm looking for a something a little more sporty to wear on blue/NATO and I can dive with.

I've been looking at the Bremont s300 as it checked the boxes but I was at a store in Grand Cayman and saw the superocean 2, both the 44 and 42 in blue. I like the 44 but when I tried it on later it might be to big over the long term and the 42 might be to polish, on a rubber it'll turn that down and the Polish will fade.

My real question comes down to the durability of the bezel insert, I don't want to have the think about the watch. Do the rubber bezel get scratch and torn up easy or do they hold up?

Post subject: Re: Superocean 2 advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:22 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Welcome to the forum, I see you joined today. If you do a search, as I just did, on this forum....I typed in "rubber insert bezel on superocean" ; you will get several previous posts to check out. Several owners have first hand reports on your questions.

I found from experience as a fairly "newbie" myself, and not always getting prompt answers; I think we are expected to search the forum some on our own; it sometimes helps. Then if I still cannot find anything, I've found the great folks here will help us out. Take care.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I've never owned one as rubber parts on the watch head never appeal to me aesthetically, but apparently the durability of Breitling's rubber inserts are fine. After all if you think about the punishment your car tyres go through - 15 to 20,000 miles on abrasive tarmac - then considering Breitling's rubber inserts are made of a similar rubber, I don't think you'd have much problem with wear. And of course, if the worst does somehow happen, then Breitling will replace any damaged/worn parts at service time.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Here is my SO44, it's not led a really hard life as such, but the rubber is as good today when bought 3 years ago. If it was an aluminum insert, it may have picked up a few 'scratches' in that time, the nature of the material. I've had Rolex/Omega & others with 'alu' inserts that didn't fare so well.
So, please don't worry, the rubber bezel which is pretty unique IMO is fantastic, & pretty much bomb-proof.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:45 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
What about a Superocean Heritage with the ceramic bezel instead? I think it would look great on a nato strap or rubber.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463