Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Forum Project 2019
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:53 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Due to the reduced traffic on the forum compared to yesteryear, I thought I'd put up a global announcement to draw people's attention to the relevant thread HERE -

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65138

For those of you who haven't been part of one of these projects before, they're great fun and they represent a chance to have a say in the design of something that will then get made in limited numbers, and that you can then own. In the case of a watch, it's a chance to have a hand in building something that will very likely outlive you! How many people can say that? From a personal perspective it's a great feeling whenever I see one of the watches we designed on here almost 10 years ago, popping up on the internet with people saying it's a grail piece for them to own. :bow:

If you're interested in knowing more about the last one we ran, check out the posts on page 6 backwards in the Projects Forum under the title of LE II - http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewf ... &start=250

Of course, while a watch build would be my personally preferred concept, as Altair says in his initiation thread we can look to try to get almost anything off the ground as a project, so don't be shy and post up your ideas!

Lastly, I know forums have taken something of a downward turn in recent years in the wake of FB and Instagram, and it seems more people are content to lurk and not post, but these forum community projects really are great things and I heartily encourage you to consider it.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

OK, so this thread has been a Global thread on all sub-forums here for just over 10 weeks and I've got to be honest I've been rather underwhelmed by the interest in it, so I'm taking it off Global. I guess people just aren't up for doing something unique on here this time, and of course that's absolutely fine. These things are a lot of work to arrange and set up, but they're also meant to be fun for everyone to participate in, so if no-one's overly interested then that's no problem at all. :thumbsup:

One thing that does amaze me though is that this thread of mine had no purpose other than to direct people to Altair's original thread. That's all it was for.....nothing else. And yet somehow this thread has had (at the time of writing) 22,269 views, but the actual thread it was directing people to has only had 1,690 views!!!! :huh

So basically that means only 7.6% of people who clicked on my Global thread could actually be bothered to click on the link! :lol: And since we only had replies from 10 different users (which amounts to a mere 0.04% of the original views of my thread), I think it's safe to say that Breitlingsource forum projects are OFFICIALLY DEAD! :lol:

Never mind, we tried........ :D

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:48 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Driver the forum project is super cool. What are the chances we can actually get a piece done by breitling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:52 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

boogiebot wrote:
Driver the forum project is super cool. What are the chances we can actually get a piece done by breitling??

I'm not sure TBH, but obviously it would be an absolute dream for a brand-specific forum like this.

In the old Schneider days it was an absolute no-go - we asked and got nowhere with the old establishment - but Georges is a very different guy and he's much more open to engaging with fans via social media etc, so it's possibly a little more likely (but still pretty small I'd have thought).

And even if it was a go-er in principle, I think the timing would be far from ideal at the moment considering the amount of work Breitling are clearly engaged with to regenerate/reimagine the brand. They're definitely on a journey at the moment (and a damn good one it seems!) and I'd be surprised if doing something for us (or anyone else for that matter) would be high on their agenda for a while yet.

But never say never, and it would definitely be something I'd love to investigate. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
We all know someone who could whisper in Georges ear :wink: :wink: