The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
So, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the Transocean line, generally, is being killed off. Certain models, like the day-date, seem to have transitioned into the new Premier line. BUT...

For me, one of the all-time Breitling classics is the Top Time (ref. 810). I think it is fair to say that the TOC is the modern-day re-incarnation of this reference (albeit in a larger size). Given what Kern has been saying about reviving/preserving Breitling's heritage, I would be utterly surprised -- and disappointed -- to learn that this particular model is going away for good.

That being said, it makes me wonder whether the TOC, as such, is being dropped, only to re-appear in the new Premier B01 Chronograph case as the new "Top Time"? One way or the other, I truly hope that this classic look is not disappearing from Breitling's catalogue...

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:09 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I agree... I was always a big fan of the Transocean line. Just a great overall watch. My only complaint about it was always the lug length so i would love it if it reappeared in the newer case size to bring the overall size down just a tad. And then it would give people options as to whether they like the 2 or 3 subdial layout. And as you said, it would be in line with paying respects to some of the historical models.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:50 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
TOC is a beautiful watch, but those lugs really made it problematic to wear for many.....

the 810 will come back in one form or the other, as will other "icons" from all periods; patience please, I hope all of you, whether fans of heritage or the Schneider era will be pleasantly surprised and find some watches you'll love.

Moana43 likes this post.