Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 137 posts
Dear Breitling fellows,

Many of us have encountered problems on their Chronomat 769 and 808 , for getting the bezel safely attached and smoothly rotating .
The original system is not intuitive and unaware watchmakers often break the very thin ring used by L.G.Breitling for this function .

We have machined a prototype on a watchmaker's lathe ( 5 trials before getting an acceptable result ) , been unsatisfied by the 3D printing results on such parts and after many efforts we have found appropriate solution, material and workshop to produce new rings without reaching spatial costs .
Many thanks to Fred for lending me a complete 808 and NOS case parts , it was helpfull to understand one of the 4 variations that we found, as my own NOS 808 parts were slightly different .
A very limited quantity ( 6+ 6) would be available shortly from 2 antique watchparts dealers .
From my side , I have just checked today on a 1946 Chronomat 769 with the 2nd version of bezel and set up the adaptations .
Due to differences in materials ( stainless steel, gold plated, massive gold ) and bezel design ( in 1 part or in 2 parts ) I have decided to launch a batch of steel lips used on 769 bezels and massive gold parts .
So until the end of April I should be able to supply specific kits , either for 808, or for 769 except the very early ones with the bezel hold by 3 radial screws.
I shall have an initial quantity of 12 sets , and be able of launching larger quantities if requested .

6 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
well done, Phil!

Waynepjr1 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Awesome news. I'd definitely be interested in a 769 ring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Today we have machined a small batch of steel lips , appearently a simple part but we have done 8 before getting the right "clic" when snapped into the bezel and correct rotation, not too hard and not loose . After validation we have machined a batch of 15 parts, 3 guys x 5 hours = 15 hours to get 15 parts !

The main difficulty was a significant dispersion between parts, despite all were new old stock to avoid any gap due to wear . We have frozen serial parts dimensions according to biggest bezel dimensions, in order to allow touch up with a little file if dimensions of your parts are a bit lower

Next week I shall post pics and prices for each part .

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:47 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Parts are available now , I shall calculate sales prices and post pics this week. Definitely the solution for having a strongly fixed and smoothly rotating bezel on your Chronomat 769 or 808 . I think that nobodyelse launched such a solution before .

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but I am trying to see if saabreit is still producing the bezel rings for the 769. I would also like to get some information on how exactly the bezel is attached. I was told that my 769 is missing the bezel base and I am visually trying to figure out how the bezel, bezel ring, bezel base and case all come together. I would appreciate any information, pictures, etc.
t hat the forum could provide.
Thanks in advance,
Rob