It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New Rolex SeaDweller
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Well that's the fastest I've ever got my name down on a list for watch! Name down for the new SD at my local AD. :thumbsup:

Awesome, let us know how you like it when you get it in.. I'm very excited about his model, I actually like the cyclops!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:54 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
Driver I thought you'd be more into the new Yachmaster. It seems to be made following your suggestions, and would look great on your wrist
Attachment:
gem rolex yachmaster.png

Attachment:
rolex gem yachmaster 2.jpg

:cheer: :bling: :nana:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:40 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Oooooo yeah! It's a beauty! :uhmmm: :nutkick:

:lol:

Site Moderator

Dr J likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:40 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
See, knew you'd want one! :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:45 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 8 posts
Love, love, love it!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Fantastic choice, awaiting pictures on arrival.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 22 posts
I love this piece. It never sat well with me that SD were 40mm. I always though it should slot right in the middle (well close enough) of the Sub and DSSD, and now it does. Bravo Rolex!

Rolex Sub C 114060

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
This is the Super Sub I've always wanted. My only gripe is the smallish dial (27mm, same as Sub/YM/DSSD). A logical larger dial would have made the watch look more proportionate. Not a deal breaker though, still on the waiting list.

Envoyé de mon HTC One en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:24 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

VicLeChic wrote:
This is the Super Sub I've always wanted. My only gripe is the smallish dial (27mm, same as Sub/YM/DSSD). A logical larger dial would have made the watch look more proportionate. Not a deal breaker though, still on the waiting list.

I see what you're saying, but I think it actually looks more noticeable in pictures than it does in real life. In the flesh (metal) the wider bezel gives it a really tough and compact look, like a bathesphere or something. I really can't fault this watch at all. :D

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:31 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Driver8 wrote:
VicLeChic wrote:

I see what you're saying, but I think it actually looks more noticeable in pictures than it does in real life. In the flesh (metal) the wider bezel gives it a really tough and compact look, like a bathesphere or something. I really can't fault this watch at all. :D

I agree with that. In the flesh both the bezel and indeed the cyclops seem less pronounced than they do in pics.

As an aside I'm always amazed by how different watches can look in pics and in the flesh. With something larger - people, cars etc -there are so many angles and perspectives that that's not surprising. But it does surprise me that something as small, and, you'd think, easily photographically rendered, as a watch, can look so different.

Driver8 likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
I was lucky enough to purchase this watch two weeks ago at my AD, being first on the waiting list. It blew me away.

It's big on my 6.9in / 17.5cm wrist but not overly so, no overhang. Almost everything is larger: case, dial (now 29mm actually instead of 28mm from the Sub/SD4K/DSSD), bezel, hour hand, bracelet (22mm). Its tapered lugs and larger bracelet help with comfort, balance and proportion. Now at last with the first 3235 movement in a sports model. Then there's the red lettering to make it a little bit more special and remind us of its heritage. I just love everything about this watch. I've even made my peace with the cyclops.

It doesn't wear much bigger than a 40mm Yacht-Master, check my side by side pictures below.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

VicLeChic wrote:
I was lucky enough to purchase this watch two weeks ago at my AD, being first on the waiting list. It blew me away.

It's big on my 6.9in / 17.5cm wrist but not overly so, no overhang. Almost everything is larger: case, dial (now 29mm actually instead of 28mm from the Sub/SD4K/DSSD), bezel, hour hand, bracelet (22mm). Its tapered lugs and larger bracelet help with comfort, balance and proportion. Now at last with the first 3235 movement in a sports model. Then there's the red lettering to make it a little bit more special and remind us of its heritage. I just love everything about this watch. I've even made my peace with the cyclops.

It doesn't wear much bigger than a 40mm Yacht-Master, check my side by side pictures below.ImageImageImageImage[img]

Superb! I'm very jealous that I'm still on the list for mine! It's such a fantastic watch. I can't wait! :whiner:

Site Moderator

Post subject: New Rolex SeaDweller
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:16 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Chronomat01LE wrote:
43mm...hmmm....actually for Rolex design 40mm seems already the right size IMO...for daily users....well for divers the size justifies. If they retain the 40mm size then the Sub would seem obselete.

One of the few times I actually agree with you. In regards to 40mm being the sweet spot for for daily users.

Not sure what you mean by the sub being obsolete. I can tell you this....it's a well know fact that the submariner is most likely the best selling high end tool watch in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:49 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
boogiebot wrote:
Chronomat01LE wrote:
43mm...hmmm....actually for Rolex design 40mm seems already the right size IMO...for daily users....well for divers the size justifies. If they retain the 40mm size then the Sub would seem obselete.

One of the few times I actually agree with you. In regards to 40mm being the sweet spot for for daily users.

Not sure what you mean by the sub being obsolete. I can tell you this....it's a well know fact that the submariner is most likely the best selling high end tool watch in the world.

What I meant was that the old SD did not have a cyclops while the Sub do. Therefore they had their own fans. If say the new SD were to adopt the same 40mm size, with the cyclops, it would have become a Sub look alike, but with a much better WR and more balanced looking bezel. For me I would not hesitate to pay slightly more for a technicially better SD than stick with the old Sub. I believe Rolex adopted a different size for the new SD to prevent killing the Sub.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:51 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Chronomat01LE wrote:
boogiebot wrote:
Chronomat01LE wrote:

What I meant was that the old SD did not have a cyclops while the Sub do. Therefore they had their own fans. If say the new SD were to adopt the same 40mm size, with the cyclops, it would have become a Sub look alike, but with a much better WR and more balanced looking bezel. For me I would not hesitate to pay slightly more for a technicially better SD than stick with the old Sub. I believe Rolex adopted a different size for the new SD to prevent killing the Sub.

Yes this makes sense. And that was most likely one of the considerations I believe as well