The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
not every Breitling from Argentina is a fake, here was just sold an absolutly real genuine and extremly rare Breitling Datora
http://www.ebay.de/itm/331026202368?ru= ... 26_rdc%3D1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
actually I think its fake , too many discrepancies , and the serial number "802759" with reference 243-26 pops up on google on several sites , all selling the same (?) watch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 60 posts
Fake as the day is long. You don't understand these people very well. They sit around all day with old watch dials and transform them into these. Not just Breitling but others as well. They age them to look 70 years with there own process of trial and error. They take 10 dollars worth of parts and transform them into something that is very passable in photos to the untrained eye. The economy has forced most watch and jewelry makers in SA to this kind of work to make a living. These people are talented. They are not kids from the block, we are talking men of talent with experience in watchmaking that turn a huge profit when one watch is sold. They can turn less then $100 in parts into over $1k+ in profit. And they do it all day long.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:27 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Why you think so Rene, I dont see the serial number 802759, for me it is 802708 on this watch

And Wayne, you cannot find the parts of this watch for 100 $, even the movement Valjoux 89 in a no-name watch costs not much less than 1000,- $. It is probably the most high-class movement of his time, full calendar and moon phase and all this in only 22mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:27 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

And it went for $1200??? Please!!! I have a niece that lives in Buenos Aires, I know how they work down there. You are going by what you SEE, not by what is really there. Let me put it in a way you might understand. You see a Porsche engine all nice and clean. But did you see it run? Maybe because when you take off the valve covers it has Ford Pinto valves and 55 Chevy pistons. But from the outside view it is amazing. So I tell ya what, if you are confident in your appraisals of these Argentine beauties, especially the Datoras, you know how it bid. This is not meant to be mean by any way but just as a warning. Buyer beware.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 19 posts
Do NOT buy a watch from S America! Never ever. Too many fakes and they are getting better at it all the time.

Last edited by chronodeco on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you Wayne, thank you Craig for your warning. I didnt bought this watch, but I missed a great opportunity. Wayne, I see the engine of this watch, it is a fine and high class Valjoux 89 movement, absolut genuine and original, and I see the dial, absolutly original and not reprinted, and I see the case, the caseback and the original and genuine serial- and referencenumbers. What I want more? And the price was very low for such rarity. This small Datoras are the real rare bodys off all the Breitling watches, the real iconics, much more rare as every Navitimers or Superoceans, as every Datora 784 and much mor complicated high class movements. I love these watches. And Craig, never say never, it was a real missed chance, maybe forever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Like this pne from the same seller , damn they have a great watchm(f)aker theree

http://www.ebay.de/itm/COLLECTABLE-BREI ... 7675.l2557

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

No Dracha, you are mistaken. This was an absolutly genuine and original Breitling Datora 244-26, not a fake. Please take a look in the 1952th Breitling catalog.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:36 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Michael , tell me why you think its real, with another one side by side, and i'll tell you why i think its / they're fake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Again, a complete fake. The tooling on the case back is so apparent it is scary. Could have sliced a hole making the dash. The sign movement is a joke. Again, you can believe what you allow yourself to believe. This peddler has had 2 super rare pieces that went cheap. I would be putting reserves on them if I were him. Losing money hand over fist or just make a few more.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Dracha, no Michael said it, Paul (Vintage) said it viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44254, Farfo said it, Benno Richter said it, the 1952th catalog said it and time-classics said it, all of them much more educated people as you.
But you and Wayne are the gods, big mouth and nothing behind it.

Puke on me, I take my leave from this forum, good bye forever. :strummin: :strummin:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

tomwak wrote:

Puke on me, I take my leave from this forum, good bye forever. :strummin: :strummin:

*shrugs* and here I was genuinely trying but it seems running is still easier than discussing (which is what we typically do here, hell, we even sometimes agree to disagree after a discussion that does not end in someone like michael claiming everyone else is stupid )

Btw, i hope this time you mean what you say and stay the **** away

Best regards
Rene

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:54 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi,I'm estelau ,the seller from about this group is discussing my Datora authenticity.It looks tlike here they are 2 groups:One tooks time about finding out if my watch is original or not,and other,that preffer to say all Breitling Argentinian watches ARE FAKES.
The buyer of my watch wrote me telling about this discussion,and I couldn't beleive when some people assure that this watch is a fake.
As I live here is as I could learn something about FAKES,and ,looking this watch every person with common sense could say that it is 100% original.
This practice of giving any opinion about genuine watches is like a Witch Hunting without the only sense of making dissapear the honest people to sell Breitlings.
Thanks of the people that uses his time on finding the real info,best regards,
Esteban Tiscornia
estelau vintage watches

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

estelau wrote:
Hi,I'm estelau ,the seller from about this group is discussing my Datora authenticity

welcome to the forum

estelau wrote:
looking this watch every person with common sense could say that it is 100% original.

my motto : "Question everything" but I am glad I do not have common sense

estelau wrote:
This practice of giving any opinion about genuine watches is like a Witch Hunting without the only sense of making dissapear the honest people to sell Breitlings.

Actually its the other way around , I hope to prevent people from spending money on a piece of crap watch and make dishonest sellers disappear , or at least question questionable pieces. Show me proof its real and I will gladly apologize in public.

estelau wrote:
Thanks of the people that uses his time on finding the real info,best regards,
Esteban Tiscornia
estelau vintage watches

you're welcome