Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Springbar questions
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:38 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Realized I don't have the eyesight, dexterity, or patience, to get my bracelet back on my Seawolf, and in the process broke one of the springbars. So can someone please answer the following questions so I can get my watch back together.

1) Is the size simply just a 22mm springbar? (width mm?)

2) Does Breitling make them and is that what I need, or if there's no such thing as "Breitling springbars?" I assume there's still a range of quality?

3) I'd really like to buy a quality replacement off ebay and be done with it. Figure that is possible?

Post subject: Re: Springbar questions
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
This seems to be the week for springbar threads!

The width is the same as the lugs, you need 1.5mm diameter for bracelets, 1.8mm for straps. I have always got 'Breitling' springbars from ADs but in truth they are 3rd party ones, but still decent quality. No experience with eBay although like so many things there I suspect that a lot are low end. www.ofrei.com sells good quality ones.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Roffensian wrote:

The width is the same as the lugs, you need 1.5mm diameter for bracelets, 1.8mm for straps. I have always got 'Breitling' springbars from ADs but in truth they are 3rd party ones, but still decent quality. No experience with eBay although like so many things there I suspect that a lot are low end. http://www.ofrei.com sells good quality ones.

Thanks. You're right, I looked through ebay a little and most seem cheaper than what I would expect to pay. So roughly what should I expect to pay for one or a pair, just to give me a guideline?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:38 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Time Bandit wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

The width is the same as the lugs, you need 1.5mm diameter for bracelets, 1.8mm for straps. I have always got 'Breitling' springbars from ADs but in truth they are 3rd party ones, but still decent quality. No experience with eBay although like so many things there I suspect that a lot are low end. http://www.ofrei.com sells good quality ones.

Thanks. You're right, I looked through ebay a little and most seem cheaper than what I would expect to pay. So roughly what should I expect to pay for one or a pair, just to give me a guideline?

Well they are cheap enough for an AD to always give me some when I ask, so no more than a couple of bucks. Otto Frei sells them for $2 - $3 per dozen, $8 - $10 per 100 from memory but the shipping is pricey with them.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Roffensian wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

Well they are cheap enough for an AD to always give me some when I ask, so no more than a couple of bucks. Otto Frei sells them for $2 - $3 per dozen, $8 - $10 per 100 from memory but the shipping is pricey with them.

Thanks again, and that's lower than I expected. I might have to take a 2nd look at Ebay. I figure if I can find a seller who deals quality watches I should be ok... at least he'll be upfront about the quality.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:15 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
Just drop by your local Breitling AD and they will most likely fit a replacement one for free.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:
Well they are cheap enough for an AD to always give me some when I ask, so no more than a couple of bucks.

Im also after some, so I contacted DKSH (who are Breitling in Australia) today to see if I could buy some spring bars & was promptly told "we don't sell spare parts"!
AND this is after recently spending approx $1,000 on 2 watch services with them!
They really are a bunch of twits here in Sydney.

A number of strap / bracelet combo's

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

dan_t wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
Well they are cheap enough for an AD to always give me some when I ask, so no more than a couple of bucks.

Im also after some, so I contacted DKSH (who are Breitling in Australia) today to see if I could buy some spring bars & was promptly told "we don't sell spare parts"!
AND this is after recently spending approx $1,000 on 2 watch services with them!
They really are a bunch of twits here in Sydney.

Most distributors would give you the same answer. That's why I just ask an AD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:20 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Just to bump this thread because I checked Ofrei but I see they have a couple of different kind of spring bars. I want to swap my rubber strap and just bought a pro III so I need the spring bars for it. I see I need 1.5mm/22mm but not sure which of the following I need

http://www.ofrei.com/page1229.html
or
http://www.ofrei.com/page1411.html
or
http://www.ofrei.com/page229.html

Can someone tell me the model number for the spring bars I would need for my metal band (170A)? Also, I am buying the bergeron 6767F off ebay, what tool do you recommend for removing the links to make the band smaller, I think I need a 1.5mm flathead screwdriver? Thanks,