Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2003 Navitimer A23322
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
I was presented a 2003 Navitimer by an old boss form his "personal collection" as a reward for good work. I have always wondered if it was real. One thing that has bothered me is there no way to set the date without advancing the time past midnight. The watch will wind by rotating the crown clockwise (position 1). You can then pull the crown to set the time (position 2). These are the only options to set the time/date. I always thought there should be another position you can pull the crown to for advancing the calendar.

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:34 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Perfectly real, it just doesn't have a quick set date.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:02 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
I'd love to hear more about this story...specifics not required.
"I was presented a 2003 Navitimer by an old boss form his "personal collection" as a reward for good work."

I am trying to imagine the company and the boss...I think its pretty cool. Although a new one would have been ok too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Yes it was a bit unusual. I was on a sales team and it was my sales manager who was having a Glengarry Glen Ross moment. He really liked himself and spent a great bit of time telling stories of how amazing his life was. Anyway he decided he had become too successful for this level of watch and was on the way to get a better more impressive one (his words). He took it off his wrist and announced whoever from his team had the most sales the next month could have it. Honestly he was such a tool I just assumed it was a fake. He could clearly afford a real one but he was always telling such fantastic stories it was hard to take anything he did or said as real. I was waiting for him to announce this was the watch tom cruise wore during filming Top Gun. Everything had a story. Glad to hear it appears to be real as I really do love the watch and always wanted one.

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
smfall wrote:
Yes it was a bit unusual. I was on a sales team and it was my sales manager who was having a Glengarry Glen Ross moment. He really liked himself and spent a great bit of time telling stories of how amazing his life was. Anyway he decided he had become too successful for this level of watch and was on the way to get a better more impressive one (his words). He took it off his wrist and announced whoever from his team had the most sales the next month could have it. Honestly he was such a tool I just assumed it was a fake. He could clearly afford a real one but he was always telling such fantastic stories it was hard to take anything he did or said as real. I was waiting for him to announce this was the watch tom cruise wore during filming Top Gun. Everything had a story. Glad to hear it appears to be real as I really do love the watch and always wanted one.

Thanks for the story! It is exactly how I imagined! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
wow, what a story~ beautiful watch btw!
everybody needs a boss like that :superman:

smfall wrote:

Tissot PRS200
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus