The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:04 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Quick question. I just purchased a SuperOcean 44 on eBay. Below are a couple red flags I’ve discovered. Looking for someone with more experience to validate or dismiss my concerns. Fortunately seller will refund money in not authentic Breitling.

1. Bracelet clasp has MODELE DEPOSE on bottom bar. Top bar is blank. I’ve seen several bracelet clasps claiming to be authentic from reputable dealers in this configuration, but most seem to also have MANUFACTURE EN SUISSE on top bar of clasp.

2. There is a 7 digit serial number below the Reference #A17392. However, upon opening the case I could not locate a corresponding serial number anywhere on the B17 movement. Do all B17 movements have serial numbers inscribed.?

Everything else on the watch is identical to authentic ones I’ve compared to on internet. Movement components, jewels and screws all match perfectly as well as polishing marks on the inside of the case. Everything on the exterior also appears to be authentic.

Tooth pick in photo pointing to where I’ve seen serial numbers on other B17 movements.

Any assist would be appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.