Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi everyone!

Please help me Identify if my new Breitling Avenger Fake or Real.
I was searching internet for some ideas how to check if it's real or not, and it looks nice and real in my opinion.
But there is 2 things confusing me:
1) Serial Number on COSC and watches 1 digit different. I bought it in Authenticwatches.com, and already e-mailed them about that. They said " just send certificate back and we will send you another one". But this way is confusing me even more... It looks like they have pile of certificates... But I believe if watches was attested or certified by COSC, there should be 1 certificate and in case it's not matching there is no proof that watches was attested. Please share your opinion, guys
2) When adjusting time and moving crown Clock-Wise, arrows are moving counter-clock-wise. So, as I said before it's my first watches, I don't know if I should worry about that. Please advise

Thank you! Peace

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
It's real, don't worry about that. It's odd that that would have 2 certificates 1 digit off but the watch is for sure real.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you for your reply!
But still this certificate issue is very strange. In ideal situation they should send watches back to vendor or certify it again, I believe. It's like you hiring new employee and find his certificate with mistake, and he says that tomorrow he will bring you another certificate. For sure you'll ask how many certificates he has...and I'm not sure you'll trust him :)

Also for time set, please share opinion guys. I have checked 4 watches and for all of them if you rotate crown clock-wise, arrows also goes clockwise. But not new breitling...

Another issue found today that date changes at around 23:20...
Actually I'm disappointed. When you spend that amount of money you expect watches to be perfect..

Thanks for sharing your opinion guys