The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:39 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I purchased this deployment buckle from a seller on ebay. He has all positive feedback and judging from the feedback comment left for him, he had sold a quite a few Breitling watches on ebay.

I received the buckle a couple of days ago and tonight I went to the Breitling Boutique in Century City to buy a Pro Diver III strap to use with the buckle. Imagine my surprise and embarrassment when the sales lady came back saying that she couldn't install the strap onto my buckle because it was a counterfeit buckle not made by Bretiling.

Before calling ebay tomorrow to report him for selling counterfeit goods on ebay I thought I would post it on here to see if you guys can give me your opinion so I can be 100% sure the buckle I got is in fact counterfeit.

The ebay listing of the item is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223246530815?V ... 3246530815

According to the sales lady the most obvious sign pointing to my buckle being a counterfeit is the missing Breitling logo/writing on the inner arm (not sure what the proper name of the part) of the buckle. Is it possible that the buckle I received is in fact genuine but may be from an older model that did not have the Bretiling logo laser etched onto the "inner arm"?

I can take close up photos of the actual buckle I got but since the photos on the ebay listing page are pretty good, I am hoping that they are enough for you guys to judge it's authenticity.

The only two Breitiling I won are both Aerospace so I'm a complete novice when it comes to Breitling deployment buckles.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can share on this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Eighteen months ago I purchased a watch from the NYC Breitling Boutique that came with the same buckle, only polished. Nowhere on any of the inner arms, on either side are any Breitling logo/writing. On other style deployant buckles there is printing which include Breitling, but those buckles are designed for use with leather straps, not rubber. With all due respect to the staff in Century City they may not have the necessary experience to know the difference. I would suggest you go back and ask them to show you a "Breitling" buckle and the markings that are supposed to be. Snap some photos and post them here, I am willing to bet there are others who have buckles that appear the same as yours! Looking at the photos's I would vote that yours is genuine! Good Luck!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:30 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
bollocks it looks fine to me, the sales person is more likely inept at fitting them as they are quite fiddly

Last edited by alex** on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:31 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
http://www.breitlingsource.com/strap_oceanracer.shtml

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks so much for all of your replies. :D :D :D

The seller got back to me this morning and he suggested that I should send the buckle to BreitlingUSA in CT and have the authenticate it. I called 877-BREITLING and spoke with a really nice lady at the customer service department who offer to have her watch maker authenticate the buckle if I would send her photos of it.

I just now sent her all the photos and hopefully will have a response from her soon and will update this thread just as soon as I hear from her.

Thanks again guys!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Here are some photos I took of it this morning.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

one more

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Update:

Heard from Nicole from Breitling USA and she said that the buckle I have looks real to her watchmaker but to be sure I should send it in along with my watch for further confirmation.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Go back to Century City and have them show you one with the printing! Dollars to donuts, if you look at a similar buckle on a display watch you will find one that looks just like yours!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 63 posts
The buckle looks 100% real to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I spoke with the lady at the Century City Boutique today and she said that she will reach out to her office for material that will help her with identifying counterfeit buckles so she won't make the mistake again.

56scooter: I will be going back to the Boutique to have the strap sized and while I'm there I will do what you suggested, look for watches with a buckle like that one I have and do a side by side comparison. I hope I won't get myself banned from the place :)

Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful posts!!!! :D :D :D :D