Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More fake Navis on eBay?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
What do you guys think? The subdial spacing doesn't look correct to me. One of the sellers even claims it comes with the original box/papers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breitling-Navitimer-01-AB0120-/221908394234?hash=item33aac560fa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breitling-Navitimer-01-ab012012-bb01-ss-NO-RESERVE-/231713677734?hash=item35f33621a6

Colt Chrono (2008)
Colt Automatic (2015)
Chronomat 44 GMT LE (2014)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
The subdials look way too close to the edge. Never seen an 01 with that spacing. It looks more like the spacing on the Cosmonaute, but I am still just learning to spot the good fakes myself so I don't want to say they're fake. The pictures are terrible. That would be enough reason for me to stay away from these sellers. You'd think somebody trying to sell a watch worth this much money could at least take an in focus picture.

Good catch.

Last edited by tech10002 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffrey85 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:48 am 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Liked in: 33 posts
Good spot. Reported both:
"Has the telltales of the quality fake copy of the Breitling Navitimer 01 model ref AB0120:

- The subdials are slightly too far apart
- The date display is sunken
- The logo on sec hand is wrong, too much gap between anchor and 'B'
- Outer sliderule scale is wrong, gaps between scale marks and inner edge.""

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
both reported

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:42 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I would like to say that I am the owner of the 01 in the first link. While I appreciate all of your expert opinions and I certainly think that most here know a lot more about Breitling watches than I do, I personally guarantee my watch to be 100% authentic. I say this because before I bought, I had the watch verified by both Hours Minutes and Seconds where it was serviced (which I still have the receipt), and also TimeTec of Los Angeles which is known to be one of the best watch makers on the west coast. He opened the watch right in front of me and said it is all original Breitling in house movement. If any of you would like to check on it, message me and I will give you the serial number so that you can call the watch maker that serviced the watch and verify it's authenticity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Watch is fake, zero doubt about it and if you don't believe us why don't you ask Breitling directly rather than a third party with no expertise on the subject?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
Watch is fake, zero doubt about it and if you don't believe us why don't you ask Breitling directly rather than a third party with no expertise on the subject?

I will in the case and if I'm wrong then I deserve to lose the money that I paid for the watch myself. However, third party or not you're suggesting that an authorized Breitling watchmaker disassemble the watch and serviced it and didn't realize it was fake.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
If that receipt is from your watch that is exactly what I am saying, but......

1) A receipt for a watch service six days after the watch was submitted shows that the store didn't have a clue how to service a watch properly, testing should take that long
2) A dealer service for an in house movement is highly unusual, for anything but the most basic work it generally needs sending to a regional service centre
3) A watch that has experienced "condensation in the dial" needs more than a basic service

If the watch were real (which it isn't) I would advise a potential buyer to walk away based solely on the evidence of that receipt.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:06 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:

1) A receipt for a watch service six days after the watch was submitted shows that the store didn't have a clue how to service a watch properly, testing should take that long
2) A dealer service for an in house movement is highly unusual, for anything but the most basic work it generally needs sending to a regional service centre
3) A watch that has experienced "condensation in the dial" needs more than a basic service

If the watch were real (which it isn't) I would advise a potential buyer to walk away based solely on the evidence of that receipt.

Well, you're the expert and I am just a nobody here but I hope you're right 100% of the time or you're going to lose credibility on this one. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. So is TimeTec which takes them apart every single day, along with the certified Breitling watchmaker that fully serviced the watch for $600 in 6 days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
bocktagon wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

Well, you're the expert and I am just a nobody here but I hope you're right 100% of the time or you're going to lose credibility on this one. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. So is TimeTec which takes them apart every single day, along with the certified Breitling watchmaker that fully serviced the watch for $600 in 6 days.

Post a picture of the watch you had serviced . Not the ebay picture .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:38 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Oh I see, you're suggesting I'm a scumbag that is trying to screw other watch buyers out of money, nice. I'm a man of my word and I don't have "another" Navitimer. That would be garbage and if that were the case I wouldn't be here trying to prove its authenticity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:25 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
bocktagon wrote:
Oh I see, you're suggesting I'm a scumbag that is trying to screw other watch buyers out of money, nice. I'm a man of my word and I don't have "another" Navitimer. That would be garbage and if that were the case I wouldn't be here trying to prove its authenticity.

No actually the link dosent work so nobody that hasnt seen it knows what you are banging on about .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:31 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
bocktagon wrote:

I would like to know why you can post a picture this clear of your repair receipt and you can't take clear pictures of a $6000 watch. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I'm sorry. Hold on and I will take better pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:52 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast