The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
So I recently got bit by the watch bug again and decided that I wanted a Breitling for my next bonus splurge. I found a seller online who is selling this great Breitling Bentley Bernato 42mm (A4139024-BB82) for only around 3.5k asking price.

He says that -- He bought this was Dec. 2015 and has worn it a handful of times. It comes with the inner and outer boxes and all papers and is still under warranty. He only wants to meet in person, in a public area or a breitling/tourneau store for validation if the buyer wants it. THEN he tells me that tourneau offered him 3.3k + 20% off any trade for this watch but he would rather sell it to a buyer who would enjoy the watch. I ask him a bit about the watch to try to feel him out and we get on the topic of our collections, we chat for a few minutes and he tells me that it is my lucky day because he really likes me and will drop the price to $2,800 for me.

I told him that I will get back to him tomorrow but will most likely meet him at tourneau during lunch to buy the watch.

I have no idea what the hell is happening here. Obviously there are a crap top of red flags but all of them are sort of countered by the fact that he wants to meet at the tourneau so that we can validate the watch. Did I just run into some old rich guy who doesn't give a flying f anymore and wants to give away watches for smiles and a little bit of cash?

Here are the low quality photos I have available of the piece http://imgur.com/a/tdmYs - The last photo in the list has the best detail