The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:08 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
bocktagon - Thanks for the pictures. I'm very sorry if you genuinely believed that this watch was authentic. I can imagine that you spent quite a bit of money on this replica. Hopefully this serves as an important, albeit expensive, lesson.

Colt Chrono (2008)
Colt Automatic (2015)
Chronomat 44 GMT LE (2014)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:15 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Please tell me what is wrong with it then. I would love to know

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:33 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
I've told you by ebay message, quite clearly.

date ring sunken.
subdial spacing incorrect
sliderule incorrect
B logo on second hand wrong

whoever told you the watch was authentic knows zilch about the Navitimer 01 - especially if he had the watch open, as you claim; the movements installed in the replica pieces have no resemblance whatsoever to the Breitling cal. B01.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
WatchFred wrote:
date ring sunken.
subdial spacing incorrect
sliderule incorrect
B logo on second hand wrong

Bracelet wrong
backside engraving incorrect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:41 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
bocktagon wrote:
Please tell me what is wrong with it then. I would love to know

WatchFred knows what he's talking about, as do these other guys on here. I am sure he has given you a detailed accounting of the telltale signs on your watch. I would invite you to visit an authorized dealer and take a close look at a real Breitling. Breitlings are a thing of beauty. They are impeccably finished with perfect printing and margins, flawless alignment of lume dots, high detail in the subdials that you can only really see under magnification clearly, flush fitting end links, etc. Yours is a very good replica but it is still clearly a replica even in my inexperienced eyes. Even just by looking at pictures of it you can tell it doesn't have the quality of a real one.

Take a look at a variant of yours in the Breitling site and see for yourself. This pic is very high res so you can really zoom in and see the details. http://www.breitling.com/media/image/0/ ... erican.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

@bocktagon: let the watchmaker open the watch for you and see whether he finds this caliber inside it. He will not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

both fakes removed, btw.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:59 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Okay, I respect you guys for what you have to say. I'm going to take the watch back down to Beverly Hills today and talk to the watchmaker. He is there today and said he would look at it. If in fact it isn't real and they are giving a warranty on a replica that would be very strange to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I will take a picture of the movement as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

you will find a China copy of the Valjoux 7750 inside .....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:57 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Okay so the president is in town so it took me forever to get down here. I spoke to the watchmaker himself and at first he said not to worry it's 1000% real. I explained to him the concerns from everyone here and he said he would open the case. Once he did he said that it's the older valjoux movement but it is real. Obviously something isn't right so I decided to send it to Breitling instead of taking it home because I have him saying over and over that it is real and if I left he would probably say it was different watch. If it turns out to be a fake than I'm hoping something will happen with the store being as he is saying that it is real. Here are the pictures, whichever way this goes I want you guys to know that I'm not the type of person to sell someone something that I know is fake. I would never do something like that because obviously I'm not enjoying this time, if it actually happened to me.

By the way, I took a picture of a new 01 they had there and the case was the same on the back. I do see what you guys mean about the sunk in date but the bracelet looked the same to me as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:44 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Can you see on your dial the subdials at 3 and 9 are almost touching the lume dots and on the shop watch dial there is a small gap between the sub dial and the lume at 3 and 9 . This is a big tell tale for the not so astute watch buyer that there is something wrong . There are many other problems with your watch . It dosent have the b01 movement being one . I feel very sorry for your plight because you are obviously honest and someone isnt being truthful to you .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

as expected and said above, it is, if course, not the inhouse caliber B01, but a (decent quality) China made copy of the Valjoux 7750.

All authentic Navitimer 01 models, as the name implies, hold a cal. B01, not an "older Valjoux"

I am truly sorry you've been lead to believe by a watchmaker you were buying and selling an authentic watch - and charged much more for service and repair of that fake than a new one of these replicas costs.

sad story.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:47 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Serial number on that watch is also different from the serial number on the receipt. Interesting........

Jayreef likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

ducati2242 wrote:
Can you see on your dial the subdials at 3 and 9 are almost touching the lume dots and on the shop watch dial there is a small gap between the sub dial and the lume at 3 and 9 . This is a big tell tale for the not so astute watch buyer that there is something wrong . There are many other problems with your watch . It dosent have the b01 movement being one . I feel very sorry for your plight because you are obviously honest and someone isnt being truthful to you .

I am seeing what you guys are saying now. I don't know exactly how all of this will turn out but it is not a fun thing to go through. I still don't understand how a watchmaker could take it completely apart and now realize it isn't authentic. I have had several luxury watches and I have never ran across anything like this before. I certainly appreciate you guys pointing it out to me no matter which way it goes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next