Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Replica improvement idea
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:02 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
If this has been suggested 500k times I apologize, but all the eBay links that are posted with questions always get deleted if they are fake. Is there a way to keep the pics of what the fake watch looked like to help other, less Breitling savvy, to notice what is real and what is fake? About 3/4 of the posts are worthless after eBay deletes the link posting.

Again, if it's been suggested I'm sorry for beating a dead horse.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
I have suggested this along with others at one point. I think its just habit for these guys to post the link. They can post the image directly in their post if they want.

Maybe this thread will give them a friendly reminder.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:16 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 5 posts
I think this is a great idea as well. I often look here so I have a better understanding of what to look for in a fake, but the links frequently have expired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

This has been suggested multiple times in the past and in fact Administration has made it a sticky in the information section of the Replica Breitling Identification board. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9501

I think for the most part the majority of fakes pictures are saved. Certainly the good ones are.
I can understand however that after the nineteenth thousand gozillion and eleventh fake tourbillion that the whole - enlarge / save picture as / save in / browse/ add the file thing becomes a bit tiresome.

Nevertheless I really feel that the majority of regular posters on this board do a fantastic job of trying to save pictures and usually the really crappy cheap fakes as well. If you will check you will see that most members here will even make an effort to go back and save a picture for the thread when the original poster did not.

Overall I think most everyone here is doing a great job of trying to follow the rules. I do think that the responsibility of posting and saving pics should fall on the OP but I know everyone here is really trying to make this an informative board and to teach, instruct and help anyone who has questions about a fake.

Just my two cents. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:03 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

br549 wrote:
This has been suggested multiple times in the past and in fact Administration has made it a sticky in the information section of the Replica Breitling Identification board. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9501

I think for the most part the majority of fakes pictures are saved. Certainly the good ones are.
I can understand however that after the nineteenth thousand gozillion and eleventh fake tourbillion that the whole - enlarge / save picture as / save in / browse/ add the file thing becomes a bit tiresome.

Nevertheless I really feel that the majority of regular posters on this board do a fantastic job of trying to save pictures and usually the really crappy cheap fakes as well. If you will check you will see that most members here will even make an effort to go back and save a picture for the thread when the original poster did not.

Overall I think most everyone here is doing a great job of trying to follow the rules. I do think that the responsibility of posting and saving pics should fall on the OP but I know everyone here is really trying to make this an informative board and to teach, instruct and help anyone who has questions about a fake.

Just my two cents. :)

We arent disagreeing with you. I actually 100% agree. I think we were just reminding people who maybe have forgotten nothing major or rude.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:24 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Good practice is for the initial post to carry a pic of the dial. Some posters do. Some don't. Maybe some don't know how.

I don't think it's vital that the bottom of the barrel fakes are posted as you'd have to be an idiot not to spot a $100 tourbillon.

It's the high quality fakes which need pics and, fortunately, most do get posted, even if not by the OP.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

yeah, I'm a few dollars short of being able to afford a Tourbillon... if these kids outside would only sell the lemonade faster at $950/cup!!! Kids these days, no work ethic. If I could afford one, I wouldn't be getting it off eBay.

It's just tough because I'm a Breitling noob and bought my first one after verifying the pics on here (Chronomat B13048, I believe, and I love it). If I saw a listing that was questionable I would want to be able to spot some of the differences because there are a lot of scumbags on eBay (a lot of legit sellers as well).

It would just be great because at work, eBay links don't open up for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:52 pm 

Quote:
It would just be great because at work, eBay links don't open up for me.
That's a very good point. Not everyone has the freedom to click on links at work so pics are essential.