It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dexclusive
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
cuckoo4watches wrote:
DEXCLUSIVE gets all their stock direct from the manufacturers.

That can't be true. The only way that you can get stock directly from Breitling (through the distributors) is if you are an AD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:31 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Roffensian wrote:
In2Deep wrote:
Someone buy a cheap one and let me know if it all works out :oops:

You asked the question - you do it!

Why should someone else take the risk to answer your question?

I could and would but have decided to funnel the funds to another hobby I have been neglecting. I'll see if there is anything offered at Baselworld I would have to have and re-examine my priorities at that time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:07 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
cuckoo4watches wrote:
OK, HERE IS YOUR ANSWER...

I called them this morning at 10:30 est.

spoke to a guy there that was awesome and very very knowledgeable.

as it turns out, and as I suspected, if the items states 'CONTACT US' under it, it is sold out and
no longer in stock.

DEXCLUSIVE gets all their stock direct from the manufacturers.serial numbers are intact as well and the item ships with all its original boxes and papers

the customer service guy I spoke to (Jim ext. 5007) said that they sold out of all those models in just a couple
days, most who bought them were dealers who buy from them regularly as they were offered
at below cost
. (5 of the pieces went to Denmark and the UK, immediately)

he said that the company, DEXCLUSIVE, did this because they only like to keep inventory for 90 days
or less and when its a big ticket item like a Breitling and the economy being as bad as it is, they wanted
to move them out to be able to re-invest those funds back into the company and on stuff that moves.

there are/were several IWCs on there as well at 50% off.

he said this sort of sale only happens maybe 2x per year.

well, there you have it, looks like we are all out. :oops:
bottom line... totally legit place with great prices and customer service.

First bold spot I marked: BS, I do not and will not believe that. You cannot just call Breitling and say, yeah, I run a bogus website and would like to buy some watches. You have to have a physical store, have all kinds of meetings/negotiations with reps and possibly the president of Breitling to establish an account with them. That is the first thing that you see when you go on Breitling's official site, the statement about watches being sold online. The only way gray market can get watches in is though a ''connection'' at an AD. The AD is not doing too well, maybe even has a warning about the line being pulled because they are not selling it well, ok so to show stock moving, the AD decides to sell a bunch of them to a grey dealer at a very low price, barely above cost just to make the ends meet. Maybe sometimes its simply because they are 'friends'. Either way its BS that they are just calling up Breitling, or any other reputable brand for that matter, and getting them ''direct from manufacturer''.

The other two bold spots I marked: Ok, so they are selling Breitling BELOW cost because they are ''big ticket items''? They have Vacheron Constantin, Hublot, Zenith, Rolex and others that contain watches with "add to cart" below them and are not at a significant discount from retail and he is sitting there and telling you the Avenger Seawolf, for example, for under $3k retail is his big ticket items that they have to get rid off? I think its a bunch of crap, seems to me that he got a good deal on a shipment of them because possibly an AD was going out of business and he offered to buy full stock at rediculous discount. I mean just take a look. Page 2 contains an Aerospace that was sold, I guess, at ~$1900, the same watch on page 1 is at ~$2500 (different dial color). If he got them "directly from Breitling" why would he not sell them at consistent price? And if the 'reasoning' for that is because the blue dial was in stock for too long and he needed to push it, then how does it make sense to re-buy the same watch to put back in your stock and lose money on it later?

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't understand why would anyone want to risk thousands of dollars to buy on internet while saving relatively little amount (or possibly just losing it all) when not only do you have 100% reassurance at AD but also a piece of mind and someone to cry to in case something goes wrong with the watch....

Paying a bit more but KNOWING what you are getting and then having a good source to call or come to and ask any questions, along with other ''perks'' you could get from an AD (Breitling events invitations, first hand info about new pieces, someone to clean your watch and change out a strap for you if needed at no charge, etc etc) is a bit more valuable to me than getting it from someone who's openly lying to you and has nothing to back it up with. Unless, of course, you are one of those who come to AD all the time, spend hours and hours getting info and trying watches on, then saying: "right on, i think ill go buy this watch on **whatever website** now"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
The low prices are just teasers to get people doing searches to contact them. The low priced items are never in stock and if you contact them they say that they will let you know when they come back in stock and the new price. Guess what the new price will be? Higher.

I hate that kind of "bait and switch" business, they'll never see any of my money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:52 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

:yeahthat They told me the same thing. I asked about an SA for $2000. Same story. They told me they will contact me when another shipment arrives. I'm curious to hear from them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Doubt it'll ever happen. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

They still have a white Bentley 6.75 with the add to cart option. I know buying from an AD is much safer, but at a 50% discount, thats hard to pass up. Ive read the post, but what do you think is the real danger or risk of buying from this site? If all serials are intact (as they state) and it includes all boxes and paperwork, what am i missing. This seems like an amazing deal.

Thanks,

Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

If it were me I would ask these questions over the phone first, find out what their return policy is, and then use a credit card that has excellent buyer/fraud protection ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

the old adage if it sounds too good to be true comes to mind here!!