The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:31 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Purchased a Breitling Navitimer AVI from eLady, an eBay seller.

The worst experience I've ever encountereD

WATCH DESCRIPTION VS ACTUAL CONDITION
I'll simply give the facts:
- watch not as described, the actual condition was described as "running and in good condition. running within acceptable gain/loss"

Here was the actual condition reviewed by a certified Breitliing watchmaker. Not "my local guy", he subcontracted for Breitling USA.

- Wischi machine could not get a reading the watch as running so poorly. Estimated at negative 3-4 minutes a day
- Wrong case back gasket was used to compensate for significant erosion of case back on gasket surface.
- Watch does not pass initial pressure test. Case back needs to be REPLACED.
- Oscillating Weight bearing is worn out. With this model, I would need a whole weight, for BIG $$$.
- Metallic debris on train wheels, which is about as bad a sign as you can get. Watch needs a complete overhaul, and likely some parts.

This watch will need from $1,250 to $1,500 in repairs. I paid $1550

SHIPPING AND CUSTOMS
I returned the watch via Fed Ex, cost $142.00

Watch was stuck in customs. I was blamed for the cause, by not including the original paperwork. Everything shipped with the watch went back.

I was told to fully insure the watch, use tracking and an EMS-type service. Also I was told I would be reimbursed for shipping.
- was offered $30, told this is their a limit per their policy. This was not stated anywhere.
- the minimum I could have paid via USPS with shipping, insurance and tracking was $80!
- Hindsight I should have used USPS.

So, what is my point?

They do not conduct business with integrity and will fabricate information/policy tactics to avoid paying any refunds per their stated and even agreed to conditions.

Do not buy from eLady.

Please contact me for a reference or any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
File an eBay significantly not as described claim and attach your documentation. eBay will side with you and make sure you get your refund with this kind of documentation. I considered buying a couple times from them because of the great prices. I was just leery of dealing with an overseas seller. In glad I stayed away now. Hope you get your money back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
if I understand the OP correctly, he's talking about not being fully compensated for return shipping - ebay will not cover that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:19 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
WatchFred wrote:
if I understand the OP correctly, he's talking about not being fully compensated for return shipping - ebay will not cover that.

Hey Fred, eBay actually recently changed the policy for when an item is significantly not as described: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-i ... ng-charges

Reference this part: "If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy."

I know because I sell a lot of stuff on eBay and we're all worried about buyers abusing this new policy. There's been a lot of talk on the seller forums. In this case where the condition was misrepresented the op may be able to amend his return to a significantly not as described case and get his full shipping back.

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
interesting ! though I'd assume there would be a cap on this, otherwise you could ship items back a ridiculous charges.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:14 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Bought a Chronomat 01 from eLady, got the watch and the start/stop crown guard came off when I unscrewed it. I filed a claim and received a refund within 24hrs. Good luck with you issue, but it seems like eBay would side with you in this instance as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk