The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Here's the list of the trusted online Breitlings dealers. They are all unauthorized, but I would like to make a list, and add some notes to them so people can refer to this list. There have been others mentioned as well here.. so if you have had a good experience with an online dealer let us know! Please no shills from online companies here.

PrestigeTime.com
-Great Selection
-Knowledgeable Staff
-Good Prices
-Serials Always Intact

Watches Unlimited
-Serials Usually Intact
-Very Knowledgeable Staff
-Florida Based
-Fast Shipping

InterWatches
-Fast Shipping
-Serials Intact
-Good Prices
-Knowledgeable Staff

jomashop.com
-Great Service
-Great Selection
-Moderate Prices
-All Boxes/Papers
-Always Intact Serials

Authenticwatches.com
-Great Selection
-Ebay Powerseller
-Moderate Prices
-May or May not have Serials please check
-Communication is Difficult

Banks & Lyon
-UK Based
-Good Prices
-True Brick & Mortar Authorized Dealer that Ships Overseas
-Forum has a Representative (Aziza)

Swiss Luxury
-US Based
-Purchases are made through authorized Breitling Dealer and shipped direct from dealer
-Warranty card will be properly registered with Breitling AD

Last edited by breitlingsource on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:57 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Guy's,

Per Admin's instructions I'm posting this here. I just got my Super Avenger from Interwatches.com and they are great. Reference numbers, serial numbers all in tact, box papers everything is great. As far as the knowledge of the staff I can't really say because all I asked them is how fast I could get the thing and I knew what I wanted. But I will say that the transaction was great from start to finish. I called on Monday to see how fast I could get it, then I asked Admin if he knew about them and if they could be trusted and he said yes so I called back and they said just use the online order form which I did on Tuesday. I received an email within minutes confirming the sale. I called and gave my C Card number and they confirmed shipping address. I received another email a few hours later stating that it would be shipped that day so I called back to be sure and they said yes. I asked for a tracking number which they said I would get in the morning but the watch would be at my office before 10:30 AM. The tracking number hit my email at 8:30 AM and the watch showed up at 10:00 AM absolutely perfect. What I liked was when I called on Tuesday at 4:00 PM to confirm that it would be shipped that day the guy named Fernando said he would make sure and to give him a minute. He confirmed the shipment and it all went as promised. I really like to buy my Lings at dealers so I can walk right out with them and not suffer the LINGXIETY of waiting for them but these guys really delivered fast and were totally legit. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

http://www.interwatches.com/

:fulllingclub:

Post subject: Authenticwatches.com
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:31 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Authenticwatches.com

I just made a purchase through Authenticwatches.com, here's my reflections on them.

Website/Initial contact
I had a few looks at their website since I was interested in a special version of an Omega, which they had in the products list for $17.500. For this model it's a very good price.

I e-mailed them, placed my order and asked about payment instructions, since it seems a bit limited not to accept credit cards or regular bank transfers from customers outside US. I got a very fast reply, saying that they only could deal with bank wire or international cheques. A bit disappointed, I went down to my bank office and made the bank wire, having to pay additional $200 for the transfer. Still, the watch was at a very good price even after the $200 raise.

Shipping process
I was told my watch would ship within six weeks. After three weeks I sent an e-mail to check that they actually had received my payment and that everything was going as planned. I must say that I think it's a bit weak not to confirm when they have received the payment... Again, I got a very fast reply saying that unfortunately I couldn't have my Omega, since production had ended (!). One would think that they could have told me that from the beginning... Now, I got to choose between a refund or other watches. I had already planned to invest in a watch and with the dollar at a very low rate the refund was not really an option. I selected three other watches and was making sure that I ordered models that were both with intact serial numbers and in stock. My decision ended up in a Zenith, another Omega and a Breitling SA. Still, the pricing was very good (I believe). I made my replacement order on a late Thursday night, got a quick response Friday morning and on Monday morning I had them delivered to my office (in Sweden, trans-atlantic shipping). Ridiculously fast!

Quality of received watches
The watches and their boxes had been very well packed and were completely without damages. The watches were perfect in quality, with the serial numbers intact and working as a charm.

Post purchase contact
I had one question for one of my three watches, posted an e-mail and again got a very fast and satisfying reply. However, since I also was entitled for a refund they had included a company cheque in the package. I would have preferred cash, a credit card transfer or something else instead. Now, my cost for claiming the cheque was some additional $50.

Overall
Model supply: A bit mixed. I think it's poor that they had my model as available, when they couldn't provide it. On the other hand, for back-up watches the supply was good. The mark can't be higher than 3/5.

Price: Really nice prices, even if I had to pay $250 extra for handling my order/refund. In spite of that I feel I have done a good deal! The mark, 4/5.

Contact: Again, a bit mixed. For all but one reasons they have been extremely quick to respond. But, and it's a big but, I think they should have a payment confirmation sent out - especially when the payment is as large as $17.500. The mark, for that reason, can't be higher than 3/5.

Quality: Nothing else than excellent. Mark is easy 5/5.

Payment: A disaster. Why on earth can't they accept credit cards or other "easy" payment methods (even paypal would have been better) from outside US? In this case I'm not very upset with the extra $250 I had to pay, but I had bought a single watch at ~$3000 it would have been a bad surprise. The mark should maybe be even lower, but I rate it as 1/5.

So, would I buy from them again?
The answer would be yes, but only in some cases where I'm interested in a expensive watch (above $6000) where I could deal with additional payment costs. And, only after they had confirmed that they absolutely could provide the watch. For any normal models/brands below $6000, I'll probably find another way.

I hope you find this information useful. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:10 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
this is odd. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:36 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Jennifer, where is the oil I ordered? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:09 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 2 posts
Lefty

Come on man pull yourself together!

This is the idiot with the home working scam - the oil selling scam is here:

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4056

Honestly - try to keep track of the scammers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do these t*ssers really think any one gives a damn about their rubbish?

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
:lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Lefty wrote:
Jennifer, where is the oil I ordered? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Panerai 112, Black Leather (Soon Hopefully!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:22 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
You mean I'm the only one that ordered the oil! :shock:

Hey I'm single and in California, there are plenty of kinky blonds running around that would appreciate a guy with a 55 gl drum of quality oil by his bedside ;)

Don't judge me :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Lisa-Adam wrote:
I am pleased about the interesting contributions and would like to express my radix complement in addition. This post is just great. Just keep on writing these kinds of posts.

......looks as though you have sold out of oil :)

Panerai 112, Black Leather (Soon Hopefully!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Guys, I have also bought from jomoshop with great success, I also bought a selection of Breitling pens and accessories from www.new-bond-street-selection.com service was great too and fab products.

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:49 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

if i purchase a watch via interwatches.com for example. how can I be 100% that I'm getting a genuine piece?
with today's replicas one can hardly make any difference unless is an watch-expert or something.
i'm totally paranoid about buying an expensive watch off internet, but at the same time if the timepieces would be genuine then I'd save a lot of money... because buying from retail not only that I have to pay the retail price, but living in europe i'll be charged same amount in euros which would rise the price in dollars with like 20%
so my concern is how can i know i'm buying an authentic watch from an internet site? what's the origin of these watches if the seller is not an authorized dealer?
any help would be highly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:28 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

If you buy from a "trusted" online dealer you have a lot of feedback from earlier buyers - too many good reviews and good track record is your insurance. Of course, even after making research on the seller it is up to you to decide if you're satisfied or not. Buy the seller before buying the watch is always what you should do, online dealers are no exception.

The usual way they get the watches is from regular ADs. The ADs pass them on for their retail price (or just above), and by doing that they get good selling statistics - that may ensure that they will get good supply of the models they want or of LE's. Quite often you need to sell a certain number/volume in order to keep your license to sell the brand and passing watches on to a grey dealer can help with that.

Of course, the ADs aren't allowed to do this so therefore they often keep the warranty booklet (and even the COSC, for no reason) in order to protect their identity. An AD caught to pass watches on to a grey dealer will lose the license.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:05 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Pardon the ignorance, but what does the term "serials intact" (or conversely, not intact) mean?

Breitling Transocean Chronograph LE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Serials intact means that the serial number is as it would be if you bought the watch in a shop from an AD - that means, it will be there on the back of the watch and it will match all the documents.

Quite often, in order to hide the AD that sold the watch to the grey dealer, these serial numbers are ground/polished off. Then they aren't intact anymore and the watch is then "non-existing" according to the Breitling network. Sure, you get it less expensive from the grey dealer, but you will never be able to service the watch through Breitling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Reading Aleister post is exactly the reason why I, after reading many many posts (else where on this site ) from lots of people offering advice on whether to buy from an AD or Not?. Is the watch Authentic or not?. Will it be covered by Breitlings 2 year warranty or Not?. I saw to many issues and two may risks to NOT go through an AD. which is the way I am going. It may cost a little more, but I will sleep better at night thats for sure, knowing I have not been scammed.
Going the AD route is the only guaranteed safe way to go.

Rolex Daytona TT
Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph
Breitling Navitimer 01 Red Gold

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]