The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:27 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Just thought I'd formalise a post for the feedback section based on my mate's experience when buying a Chronomat Evo from Jomashop.com -

The ordering processes was all done on line and was apparently trouble free and they accepted his credit card with no problems. (My mate is UK based).

Delivery time was OK too, and after paying a nice load of import duty to the tax man, his watch arrived in brand new condition (all the plastics still in-tact), in the original box, with all serial/model numbers in-tact on the watch. (VERY IMPORTANT IMHO!)

HOWEVER while it had the manual, it was missing the International Warranty card, AND (bizarrely) the COSC Certificate. When he queried the lack of certificate he was told that it was removed to protect the original source of the watch, which is a little odd as it is only the warranty card that will identify the source. As it is, the lack of both the Warranty Card and the COSC certificate made my mate start to question the authenticity of the watch in his own mind. I should point out there was nothing about the watch to suggest it wasn't genuine, but he was just worried about the lack of both pieces of paperwork.

Anyway, I looked at it for him and it appeared absolutely fine, but for total piece of mind I said he could always send it to Breitling for authentication and a replacement certificate. He duly did this, and for £30 he had the watch authenticated as 100% genuine and a replacement certificate ordered for him. (Apparently the verification part was free of charge - the certificate replacement cost the cash).

So on the basis of my mate's experience alone, it would appear that Jomashop.com do indeed sell 100% genuine and authentic watches with all serial numbers in-tact, and for a good price. But the lack of two important pieces of paperwork may give some of you sleepless nights.....

However a relatively quick trip to your regional Breitling Service Centre will authenticate it for you just fine.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:36 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
I still find it odd Jomashop would not include the certificate, but the warranty card is usually not included in the event of an online purchase.

Glad everything is resolved!

~Brian