Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Hello fellow WIS:

I believe I have just been had by a fellow named Steve Francouer… he seems to be prowling TZ, Watchnet and WUS.

On July 6, 2007 he responded to an ad that I had at TZ for FSOT: Chrono Avenger for an Omega SMP Chrono. His email address had a display name of “xXx” with an address of stonepony68@shaw.ca.

He offered me the Michael Schumacher Legend edition with a white dial, mint condition he says. I replied stating that I was interested, and wanted to talk more to him. He gave me his phone number and we talked…. He said that there were some power outages during that night so I should just leave him a message.

He seemed cordial enough since he didn’t want to call me late at night so I should call him the next day as he’s up at 5am his time. I called him about his offer, and he described it etc. I guess you can say he talked me into it and I sent my CA to him with shipping and I even insured it for the price that I bought from LaSwiss! Stupid me.

At 7:21pm that night my time, he sent me the tracking #. He said that he just made it before the postal outlet closed.

I had to attend a wedding that weekend so I didn’t get to check the tracking until Sunday and it was not registering yet. When I got home, I checked James email about someone scamming (he sent this a week or so before) and my heart sank! The info about Steve Francouer matched every details and I was in distress.

I immediately looked back at the description that he provided of the watch and the photo shows a white dial while his written description was black dial. I started to email him (without alarming him) of the dial and he said its white and if he mentioned black it was a mistake as he had one previously. Ok…

I immediately on the side emailed Canada post to stop the delivery, but they could not stating that once its enroute it is the property of the receiver. I didn’t ask Steve to refuse it since I had mixed conclusions…

So I told him that I’m very uncomfortable of our deal due to some postings about him at watchnet etc. He said that its not him and he said that he sold a watch to a guy across the border, it went missing. He also said he offered to pay him the amount or another watch of similar value. His excuse was that the buyer did not respond to him and started to put his info out in the internet.

On July 9, he sent me a paypal echeck payment of $1900 USD, the amount that I was asking for the Avenger, he said to put my mind at ease… I was thinking that e-checks is money in the bank but upon further research, it could bounce. One thing I notice about his paypal is that his address is unconfirmed hence I am not protected. For those who have gone through this, what was your recourse?

He also said that on the 11th of July, he will be going on a 2 week camping trip and will be back on the 28th… the reason I am mentioning this was because he also wanted to buy the prop guns that I used when I posted the FS for my CA. He even included a $150 money order in the package.

With this $150 missing, he paypal echeck me another $200 since I mentioned that if I don’t get the speedy, I’ll just purchase the SMP Chrono that I originally wanted to trade for the CA.

Now I have to wait if the echeck bounces… when it does, what can I do? I've already reported him to Recol.com? If the echeck bounces, I'll have to complain to paypal.

If anyone encounters a Chrono Avenger, blue dial on Pro I bracelet with the s/n of 2063837, pls pm me.

Last edited by roadcarver on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Cancelled!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Wel well... he cancelled the $1900 echeck! I wasn't that surprised, but at the same time now I'm really out of my CA.

Again, for those dealing in TZ, WUS and Watchnet, be careful of this dude, Steve Fracouer. He is a slick scammer - take heed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
That sucks man... Gotta keep an eye out for this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:15 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I'm so sorry for your loss, Roadcarver. What goes around, comes around. Always remember that my friend.

I also almost got scammed in Ebay about a couple of yrs. ago when I tried to sell my Omega Speedmaster. The guy had excellent feedback rating so I thought I trusted him enough. He wanted me to deal with an escrow service he had used before. I said not a problem. His escrow service sent me a notice in my email the next day that $1,900 was already paid and was ready to be forwarded to my bank account as soon as he receives the watch. Everything looked legit from his escrow company. But something told me to check out the subject about escrows on Ebay. Another Ebayer simultaneously warned me about fake escrows originating from some parts of Europe which he was a victim of. My buyer was also from Europe but his Ebay username was from the US which made me all the more suspicious. So I told him to forget the whole deal. Come to find out later that his escrow was indeed a fake one. I had to close my checking account and reopen a new one since I had already exposed the information on his fake escrow account. I also found out that the Ebay username he was using was also hijacked by him. Nevertheless, the watch was saved and I only suffered the inconvenience of closing and reopening a new checking account. Lesson learned: Buyer/ Seller Beware... there's a lot of them out there.

Post subject: Lesson learned
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:37 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

From now on, I will only deal with folks with credible references, and I mean tons of references.

No more trades!

If I can deal locally, I'd prefer that. Yesterday, I sold my Datejust 16030 locally to a fellow and it turns out he knows Haseeb (superO) as well!

Well, I ordered my replacement CA - used the DateJust to fund it. Coming from the states from a credible store (Timepiece-perfection), Vince Bellissima. I should get it in two weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:45 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I'm so sorry to hear about this. That is just awful! My heart sank reading this. My heart goes out to you. I hope something blessed happens to you soon, you deserve after what that scumbag pulled.

Breitling Chrono SuperOcean
Breitling Avenger Seawolf
Omega Seamaster Pro James Bond LE Co-Axial Auto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:48 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
I would send that guy a hitman. You must have his shippingadress, and I would have him at least severely beaten up. Does not cost a fortune and gives You some satisfaction at least....

The more legal way would be to visit him with a policeofficer.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Latest info on the scum bag! He just ripped off someone.

ex-watchman@shaw.ca

exwatchman@gmail.com

Stephen Francis Francoeur

3910 30th Ave

Vernon, BC

V1T 2G1

250-275-2521

If anyone is in the Vernon, BC area, watchout for this assh*le!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:24 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Do you live in Canada? No luck with police or other special branch of law enforcement (i.e.- Canadian equivilent to the FBI)?

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

No such luck, unfortunatlely. RCMP did not do anything even after filing the report. They seem to be more into crimes that threaten's health etc.

As for Edmonton PD, no such luck either. I spoke to the detective, but he referred me to the RCMP.

Where are my tax dollars going??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Probably the only recourse you have is suing him.. call your lawyer!

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:37 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

all i can say is :cry: its one thing to give you watch away another to have it taken away for no reason!!!,.... I am truely sorry man!!Personally i never ever buy or self from e-bay...and order online only whne i know shops...ebuyer etc.....

anyway... i hope to see photos of you with your new watch!! and i will then congragulate you?