The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:33 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 4 posts
Hi all,

thought and hoped that i would never had to make this topic but i have no other options...

About two weeks agodecided to sell his Navitimer on Breitlingsource, i pm'd him en after a while we talked further via normal e-mail.We agreed a price (after i asked for references which he had on ebay, and pics of the watch with his name written on a paper and got it) including shipping and he assured me that if the fundings where on his bank he would ship it the same day and mailed the track and trace number. I transferd (bank wire) $3500 and got a mail two days later saying that the money was 'on hold' by his bank and that it would take 1 day to come free and that he would send it then, that was last thursday the 14 th.... Since then i never heard of him again and i am very worried, i've mailed him twice a day since then but nothing from his side!!!!
The sell-topic from him of the Navi on Breitlingsource is empty, all the Navitimer pics are gone and he did that on friday so he could easily send me a mail. His PM button is also gone! My last mail to him was yesterday and i said that if he doesnt react within 24 hours i will do this...

Can somebody help me and advice me what to do in this situation? And did i got scammed?????????

Regards,

Raymond147.

Last edited by raymond147 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Raymond,

I'm sorry to hear but i think you're scammed, and damn hard too. Safest option as a buyer is using Paypall (not as seller!). In this transaction you took the risk, this is why I don't do any business overseas.

Normally (in the Benelux) I would bring someone a visit but I see you're in NL as well, the scam is located in San Diego.

Hard to say what to do.... Go overseas? For this amount of money I would seriously consider, and you have full details (Mabe not the best option te meet scam in person). While typing I remember "operation repo" on television. Mabe you can hire a "bounty hunter" like, that wil do the job. I think enough people around that hunt this type of scam for $1000,-. I'll think a police report won't do at all, but mabe as an first attempt.

Anyway's succes,
Rene

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

hi,

did a couple overseas deals and always great and with no problems... i thought i did a good job to ask for references and he gave me a copy of his ebay account and a picture with the watch and papers and a piece of paper with his name on it and got it...

really depressed about it, seems like he has his facebook-account blocked for me or he has deleted his account because i cant find him anymore since an hour...

hopefully i can get his adress or phone-number one day.

could cry :cry: because it is really a lot of money for me.

but i wont give up, i will haunt him with e-mails and wont stop till i get my money back or the watch in my hands...

thanks for the reply...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:52 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Hi Raymond

Really sorry to hear about your problems with this deal.

Member "MPHL" last visited the site on Sunday April 17, 2011 at 12:49am, so he clearly could've contacted you then.

You obviously have quite a bit of information about this guy, including a photograph by the sounds of it, so hopefully you will be able to take some kind of legal action against him if it comes to that.

It sounds like you did pretty much as much as you could to obtain references and get yourself comfortable with the deal, but ultimately the final step of parting with the money relies on the integrity and honesty of the other party...... and sadly there are a lot of dishonest people in this world.

Was the transfer from your current account or a credit card? If it was from your credit card your bank can recover the money on your behalf. Same with Paypal, but I guess that wasn't an option. All I can suggest is contacting your bank in the first instance (if you haven't already done so) and see what they can do. I'm not sure if you'd have any joy contacting the authorities in San Diego, but it might also be worth a try.

I wish you all the best in recovering your money, because this sort of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:17 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Thanks driver8,

spoken to roff last sunday and he told me that he last logged in last friday so 'MPHL' is comming back to this forum regulary...

in my opinion i really did everything to avoid being scammed, he looked as a great guy, on google i read he does a good job at the university but as you see, sometimes nobody can be trusted!!!!!!

all i want is a reaction from him with the reason...

maybe somebody from here from san diego can help me out...

we will waight and see but one thing for sure, i will haunt him till i get my money back or the watch in my hands...

unbelievable that you've got to scam people to get money!!!!!

i've allready contacted my bank, maybe they can help me, still in progress...

Driver8 wrote:
Hi Raymond

Member "MPHL" last visited the site on Sunday April 17, 2011 at 12:49am, so he clearly could've contacted you then.

You obviously have quite a bit of information about this guy, including a photograph by the sounds of it, so hopefully you will be able to take some kind of legal action against him if it comes to that.

It sounds like you did pretty much as much as you could to obtain references and get yourself comfortable with the deal, but ultimately the final step of parting with the money relies on the integrity and honesty of the other party...... and sadly there are a lot of dishonest people in this world.

Was the transfer from your current account or a credit card? If it was from your credit card your bank can recover the money on your behalf. Same with Paypal, but I guess that wasn't an option. All I can suggest is contacting your bank in the first instance (if you haven't already done so) and see what they can do. I'm not sure if you'd have any joy contacting the authorities in San Diego, but it might also be worth a try.

I wish you all the best in recovering your money, because this sort of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:45 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
Driver8 wrote:

:yeahthat +1 Thats. terrible, here's hoping that you get a satisfactory outcome.

A Few Breitlings.

Last edited by breanach78 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

breanach78 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

:yeahthat +1 Thats. terrible, here's hoping that you get satisfactory outcome.

thanks...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

This is a shame and royally sucks :guns: Don't get down on yourself, you did your due diligence and whatever was in your control. Hopefully this person has some decency and reverses the transaction.

Breitling - Chrono SuperOcean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:04 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sasho wrote:
This is a shame and royally sucks :guns: Don't get down on yourself, you did your due diligence and whatever was in your control. Hopefully this person has some decency and reverses the transaction.

thanks sasho but i am very down... :( and angry :x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:12 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 5 posts
Contact the Bank you sent the money too and the San Diego Police Dept.

Regards,

Elgin-Hamilton 37500 (Aircraft Clock)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:31 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Not sure what you mean about the PM button being gone, but you can still PM him, just click on the link below:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7646

I assume that the University hasn't broken for the summer yet so you may be able to reach him through the school, but with the information that you have I would certainly contact your bank and the San Diego police to see what they can do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:38 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Not sure what you mean about the PM button being gone

I'm not certain, but there is a possibility that the option to PM someone might go if they add you to their foe list? Maybe one of the guys who uses the foe list could enlighten us. (Or Admin of course).

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:41 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
Not sure what you mean about the PM button being gone

I'm not certain, but there is a possibility that the option to PM someone might go if they add you to their foe list? Maybe one of the guys who uses the foe list could enlighten us. (Or Admin of course).

Hadn't thought of that - it's possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

I'd fly down there and beat the shit out of him...he would be very easy to find! :twisted:

The power of facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=809477785&ref=ts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

mrcheatle wrote:
I'd fly down there and beat the shit out of him...he would be very easy to find! :twisted:

The power of facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=809477785&ref=ts

think that i am blocked by him for this facebook link mrcheatle, cannot get to it!

i would love to fight with him, i am kickboxing for ten years so that is very helpfull lol

but i rather do it the normal way...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next