Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:00 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 15 posts
Hello everyone,

I am currently flirting with an Omega Speedmaster, but I would never think of trying to hide the beautiful mechanics of a watch (the technology is mainly interesting for me, not necessarily the decorations, even if they have their charm).

The problem with the Speedy is that I currently have to decide on one variant, so I have a few questions for the experts among you:

Is there a direct visual comparison of the two calibers (Hesalit vs Sapphire variant) somewhere? I know that the Hesalit variant uses a plastic component, but somehow I've just never found it
Does a glass back from a sapphire variant fit on the back of a hesalite?
As far as I know, the steel floor is supposed to protect against magnetic fields, among other things. Are there empirical values ​​from the forum regarding the accuracy over time that result from this avoidable higher magnetization?
Are there versions that have plexiglass and a glass shelf at the bottom? If yes, which ?

Thank you in advance :)
Mattewlaird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Omega Speedmaster is a fantastic choice for someone who appreciates the technology behind the watch. To answer your questions:

1. I'm not sure if there's a direct visual comparison of the two calibers (Hesalit vs Sapphire variant) available online. However, you can check out watch forums or Omega's official website for more information and images.

2. As for fitting a glass back from a sapphire variant on the back of a Hesalite, I don't have that specific information. It's best to consult with an authorized Omega dealer or a watchmaker for accurate details on compatibility.

3. The steel caseback of the Speedmaster does provide some protection against magnetic fields, but I don't have empirical values from the forum regarding accuracy over time due to magnetization. It might be worth researching or reaching out to other Speedmaster owners for their experiences.

SS Daytona w/ White Dial (116520)
SS Submariner Date (116610LN)