The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:35 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
So this arrived yesterday. I had previously sold this watch to gregl515 at my forum prior to his death in May of 2015 while I was still recovering from my own injuries. Over the years I have owned several FC watches including a sub second hand and one similar to this model with gold tone case. I had been going over some old threads when I ran into one where Greg had offered to buy this one although it was not for sale. He had already purchased the sub second one back in 2014 so I was a bit surprised but nonetheless I sold him this watch.

After his untimely death I wondered what happened to his watches so I reached out to his brother who informed me he had them. I offered my condolences, told him about some of the watches Greg had and offered to help facilitate any sales of them if he did sell them. I heard nothing back so I assumed he was going to keep the watches. I reached out to him earlier this year and he got back to me. Most of the watches had been either sold or claimed by family members but he had kept this one and a few others. I offered to buy back this one and he came up with a price higher than I sold it to Greg but here it is. For those who want to know, Greg was not a member here but was a WIS. He was a former Marine as well as an attorney for the Dept of Justice. He was a good guy.

As to the watch, not expensive, I think new it cost me about $1200 back in 2011 or so. 26 Jewels Sellita SW200-1, 28800 vph, and has a power reserve of 38 hours. Water resistant to a claimed 200 feet but not sure I would put into a sink full of water. More than anything else, just a reminder to me that not everything in the WIS world is about being bigger, badder or more expensive.

And this semi feral cat we call Winter comes by several times a day for food and affection, as does his buddy, Porky who lives on our property.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Mattewlaird likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 15 posts
Welcome home old friend.