Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: H Moser & Cie. Buy now.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
On a recent visit to my main AD, I was exposed to this wonderfull brand, and absolutely blown away, their pieces are slightlyt better made than Patek, though not quite at Lange level, and at IWC prices across the board. Stupendous value and really unique, the effect they have once you see them up close is very difficult to explain, the combination of supreme quality, unique design, and innovative dial materials all with an understated yet sporty spirit makes for a very exciting brand to watch out for. They still have not made it big so prices are still competitive.

My pick of their offerings is the Pioneer line. The perpetual in RG and black ceramic is stunning, the flying tourbillon housed in a steel tank of a case is a steal at under 50k. And their most accessible offering is the Pioneer in steel, can be had for a VERY reasonable 9K US. I am uploading a video I took while I write this.

Last edited by Altair on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... BkbAvGZ3Eo

Note the gorgeous dial makes the watch pop despite its simplicity. The perfect proportions of the sculpted case are a joy, and certainly could make you forget how sturdy and tough of a sport watch it is.

Also, do keep the volume up. The young Indian chap who works at my AD convinced me to buy the Hublot Berluti when I was under the influence of pain and medications.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I had a chuckle at the video! Buying a Hublot when you weren't in your "natural state" Altair! That's a dangerous thing to do my friend! :lol: :wink:
:thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

ha ha, yes indeed! They are contemplating picking up the watch and giving me store credit towards my H Moser Tourbillon.

I have to say, I am absolutely falling in love with the brand. I believe they will be the Panerai, a resurrected brand that catapults into the stratosphere seemingly overnight. They certainly have the knowledge, know how, resources, and history.

The Pioneer is such amazing value! The finishing and movement can only be seen in brands three times as expensive, and the uniqueness is up there. They have the most amazing Fume dials, most confortable curved cases, and really unique and well thought out case designs. The basic Pioneer has a price point on par, say, with an IWC Big Pilot or a Panerai Submersible. The Pioneer has infinitely more class and fine workmanship aplied, both to the case and movement, is far more versatile, and just as tough as the SUb, tougher than the IWC, and I would even go as far as to say as well built as a Rolex Deepsea!

I also really like their CEO, very smart fellow who seems to be directing the brand in the right irection. They seem to be still selling below their value to attract a following.

Here is their new advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhlBRw_d1eA

I thought it was hillarious!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

They just launched a secondary website for the Pioneer:

"The company’s latest website, pioneerchronicles.com, gives free rein to its offbeat approach to fine watchmaking and its contrarian communication."

https://pioneerchronicles.com/

I will buy a Pioneer!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Got to be honest, I'd heard of H Moser, but never really looked at their pieces before.... and I have to say I'm very impressed by what I'm seeing. Looks like Harrods is the only AD in the UK, so next time I'm in London I'll definitely have a look!

I have to say I've really missed this about this forum lately - being introduced to new brands that I may never have otherwise looked at. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Glad to be of service my good friend!

I just saw this post, right after I ordered my Moser from the AD. Has to be the funniest thing I ever read:

#AskHenri: watch versus wife
Henri consoles a man facing a stark decision. But with Henri’s tender (and very politically correct) advice, perhaps there’ll be a happy ending after all...

“Dear Henri,
If I buy another watch, my wife is going to leave me… What should I do?“
Henri: It sounds like congratulations are in order, my good man! And I have just the thing to seal the deal. Bring home the Pioneer Tourbillon. She’ll be gone in a jiffy.
As readers of this fine newsletter will know, the Pioneer Tourbillon takes all-rounder to the next level – with PhD level intelligence, SAS level survival skills and phenomenally attractive curves of steel, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pioneer Tourbillon could also undertake other marital duties. Think positive: you may not even notice her gone.

The H Moser & Cie Pioneer Tourbillon is a thing to marvel at, and at under 50K USD retail a phenomenal value. I cant say how much I got it at, but lets just say I really made my AD pay for selling me that Hublot Berluti and delivering a fake AP :wink:

Its all I can do while it arrives straight from Schaffhausen! I was promised 7 working days..... :strummin:

A quick tip for those who are interested in the brand, they are gaining traction, so you might only find their unattractive naked dials in stores. I personally cant stand a watch without indices or numerals. looks too fashony. Try and find a Pioneer, or one of their traditionally designed watches.

Moser has three legs on which it builds its case, the first being extreme watchmaking know how and expertise. They actually build each and every components, even the most difficult, in house. The second is their focus on fume art dials, a wonderful technique that produces stunning results. The third is their case designs, the three lines under the brand each have a unique sculpted design which has to be seen and worn to be appreciated, the online pictures do not convey how well designed and innovative their cases are.

Their watches are such good value because they subsidize in a very smart way, the company actually has two subsidiaries, Moser Precision Engineering and H Moser & Cie. The first makes every single component that goes into a mechanical movement, including the hair spring. Apparently most brands that claim they make their movements in house actually source the most difficult to fabricate components, H Moser doesn't have to pay a third party, they are the third party. From an expertise standpoint, if you can produce hair springs, you can finish a bridge. Enough said.

I do not remember feeling this excited about an upcoming brand since I picked up on Panerai. I am glad i was a Paneristi before it was fashionable, otherwise it would feel like following the crowd. I advice that you study Moser closely and seriousely contemplate getting one before they become sought after and catapult in value. The main difference is that where Panerai built the company on military heritage, Moser are building theirs on a long history of uncompromising quality.

Fun historical fact, due to how well the watches where made, "Moser" is still to this day a byword for quality in Russia. "look at that beautiful Dupont pen, its Moser!"

I actually am thinking of picking up two other pieces as investments. I just know this will be a future cult brand.

Last edited by Altair on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I found a few resources to help you guys understand the brand a bit more.

This video does an excellent job of showcasing the phenomenal innovative perpetual calendar layout. I would never have guessed it was a PC from first look! Not for me as it doesn't fit my collection, but very innovative and a very smart way of doing a dress watch with a simple dial yet an advanced complication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPyEs4IDKis&t=320s

This video has very good lighting, and showcases the fume dial which Moser specializing in, The "Funky Blue" is jaw droping!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOl5S3jERw&t=376s

This video explains the different sculpted case designs I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnsM3TsJybk

As this is a Breitling forum, I assume most will be drawn to the Pioneer line. Again, if you can afford it, get the Pioneer Centre Seconds. Now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Just got an update on my watch, it’s the last one Moser hasent sold yet, and the number is a banger! I won’t say what it is, but it’s argubely the second best number possible. Absolutely chuffed! :D