It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:22 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Driver8 wrote:
MattC wrote:
That's a great piece, love your Sub too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Matt. :thumbsup: The LV Sub has long gone as I just couldn't get to grips with the hollow-link bracelet and tin-foil clasp.... but the head itself was a real beauty to my eyes.

Funny, those are the same reasons I couldn't get into the Zenith powered Daytona I had. I felt like if it were on solid end link bracelet then it would have felt much more solid. Other than that the vintage pieces are beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Driver, of the Rolex sport offerings the BLNR would be my choice as well. Please enjoy your new watch and keep us posted on the experience. I myself have been smitten by the Oyster Perpetual 39, while much more basic in comparison to your BLNR, I feel that Rolex did a terrific job with that line, entry level and all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:17 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
avantgardetime wrote:
Driver, of the Rolex sport offerings the BLNR would be my choice as well. Please enjoy your new watch and keep us posted on the experience. I myself have been smitten by the Oyster Perpetual 39, while much more basic in comparison to your BLNR, I feel that Rolex did a terrific job with that line, entry level and all.

:thumbsup:

One thing I've noticed is that my BLNR doesn't seem to like my Orbita watch winders! As I said previously, on the wrist it gains 1/3 of a second a day. Resting, crown up, it gains about 1 second a day. Resting, dial up, it gains 2 and bit seconds a day. All great. However, on an Orbita winder it LOSES 3 seconds. Bit of a shame as I'm big fan of Orbita winders but I can't stand it when a watch loses time, so I guess I'll just have to keep wearing it! :D

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Give it sometime for the movement to settle down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:35 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
I am happy to have reached a point in my life where a second or two does not matter much anymore. If anything I would want a watch to be a little slow, gives me that much more time to hang out! :poke: :poke:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:57 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
56scooter wrote:
I am happy to have reached a point in my life where a second or two does not matter much anymore. If anything I would want a watch to be a little slow, gives me that much more time to hang out! :poke: :poke:

:lol: Yes I totally agree with you! Like I said previously in this thread I'm never too bothered with monitoring my mechanicals' timekeeping provided they're within COSC : it was more just from an interest and curiosity point of view that I've been tracking it in various scenarios.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
Driver8 wrote:
One thing I've noticed is that my BLNR doesn't seem to like my Orbita watch winders! As I said previously, on the wrist it gains 1/3 of a second a day. Resting, crown up, it gains about 1 second a day. Resting, dial up, it gains 2 and bit seconds a day. All great. However, on an Orbita winder it LOSES 3 seconds. Bit of a shame as I'm big fan of Orbita winders but I can't stand it when a watch loses time, so I guess I'll just have to keep wearing it! :D

Well my BLNR always gains time and so far never loses time before. My Chronomat and Navi does, during the last few hours when power reserve is ending. As long as still within COSC specs and as long as it's not caused by an issue of the movement, I feel that sometimes losing time is a good thing. Imagine yourself wearing yr watch for about 3 days then rests the watch dial up for a day and then leave the watch on the winder for another day. That would be a total of 5 days and when you check your watch....Hoola!!!! You find your time on the dot!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:25 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Congrats driver. I know you have been waiting for this one for quite some time. It's a great watch and really works for almost every occasion