Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mistaken Identity
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:59 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
My beloved has just returned from a 4 week trip to Belgium and France. She went with a touring party as a member of the FFFAIF (Family & Friends of the First Australian Imperial Forces) visiting battlefields on the Western Front. She also visited the UK this time round and toured through Portsmouth to London and around the 4 August Remembrance. Her Grand Father was on the Western Front during the Great War and she had a Great Uncles grave in England to visit.

I suggested that as she was going to be staying somewhere close to Mayfair, could she persuade the party she was with to drop into one of my Fav watch locations, time permitting? When she returned to Oz last week, she sorted through her photos and came up with these for me. She only had time to snap some pictures through the windows, so no entry to the shop interior and no give aways captured. But thats OK.

She visited the Boutique in New Bond Street. It appears to be impressive and ironically she visited here at about the same time I was invited to Melbourne's Frank Muller Boutique. The two locations and shop styles could not be further apart. The openness of the Brietling Shop is a world away from the heavily fortified FM. Heres some pics.

1. Quite an open Facade for a watch shop really. The New Bond Street elevation.

2. Grosvenor Street Facade. Notice the gentleman in the doorway wearing the suit. My wife thought him security but I thought him the Manager. She did not hang round to find out, being pressed for time. Either way he seemed to be a bit concerned by the happy snaps going on outside. Was my wife casing the joint?

3. The shop seemed to be full of the usual paraphernalia you expect from a Breitling Boutique.

4. Colts. Chrono Colt looks the business.

5. Navitimers at last. So far, so good.

6. The Emergency display looked a little awkward and uninteresting. I expected more.

7. Every shop has to have its Bargain Window. :lol:

8. The Essence of Britain? Made in Switzerland.......... Er, OK.

9. Avengers. I like the backdrops behind the watch displays, being a 3D embossed fighter image. Almost quilted in appearance, and quite different.

Well, the only thing that was out of place here was the mistaken identity. When I asked my very busy wife to go to a watch shop in London, I actually discussed with her before she left dropping into the Bremont HQ in South Alderley Street! I thought the Aviation display at Bremont might be of interest to her fellow travellers and she might see what the Alt P watch I have been raving about for the past few years is all about. Maybe it was fait that lead her to Breitling instead, or maybe as Breitlings are a regular wear around here she might have been magically lead to this location as the default. Very spooky. Never mind, there is always 2016.

Cheers.

"You have Control".

Post subject: Re: Mistaken Identity
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
Very nice store front, and great corner location. Breitling yellow is still alive and well!