The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 5 posts
Does anyone own one of these? Have any pictures, thoughts on the brand? I really like the look of these as they really are different. I do have a few concerns in regards to the price point due to the fact that it is mineral crystal and the Miyota 82S7 movement. They sell for around $1100-1350 depending on where you can find one. Which for me seems a bit high for what it is. The crystal getting scratched up is more the concern for me than the movement. In regards to the movement does anyone have any insight on it? Reliability, accuracy, service intervals (if any) etc.... Does this movement need regular servicing?

If you do own one what are your thoughts? Any issues with the watch? Does it feel solid? In regards to the customer service with them how is it?

I have read about a few things that are a bit off for me. The dial says Zurich on it (at least the earlier models did) I believe they might have taken it off the dial at this point. Can any new owners comment on this if there are any? It is a Japanese movement and either assembled in Hong Kong or China so Zurich on the dial is pretty misleading. Also the crown is a push/pull with doesn't really do it for me. But I am still intrigued. Problem is there is no Local Ad that carries this brand so going to try them on and see for myself is out of the question. I think for something like this pre owned is def the better option. But they don't really seem to be out there.

I did find this link on the movement. But still would like some more insight if someone has any.
http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/dow ... _S5_S7.pdf

The attached photo is the model I am looking at. P2-1.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Past:
Black Dial Super Avenger with Numerals
Countless "high priced" cheapos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
I haven't seen one in person, but the brand certainly seems to be gathering momentum and a following. Me, personally, I just can't get past the brand name - I thinks it's a poor choice and just puts me off. Shallow but true.

Rolex milgauss GV
Olivant and Botsford 40mm Gold edition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Miyota movement is very solid, no issue there. The brand strikes me as just the latest in a long line of fad brands that is here today and will be gone tomorrow. Watch is way overpriced in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:
Miyota movement is very solid, no issue there. The brand strikes me as just the latest in a long line of fad brands that is here today and will be gone tomorrow. Watch is way overpriced in my opinion.

I think it is way overpriced as well, and the same concern of them being around for only a year or two concerns me as well. Good to know about the movement though. I think retail around $600-$800 would be a little easier to swallow. I have been thinking about purchasing it for a while but at the current price point I will wait it out and see if I can pick up a pre owned one for $500. If I end up doing it to begin with.

Past:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

jimbob wrote:
I haven't seen one in person, but the brand certainly seems to be gathering momentum and a following. Me, personally, I just can't get past the brand name - I thinks it's a poor choice and just puts me off. Shallow but true.

Brand name doesn't really bother me honestly. Everyone looks forward to a Friday. Unless you work 7 days a week like me, no day is Friday. :D

Past:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
A few Instagram people show one every now & again. You might see some there by using the #tag. Personally, They are a challenging design but I find them too confusing to read.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Pretty cool unique looking watches.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

P51 wrote:
A few Instagram people show one every now & again. You might see some there by using the #tag. Personally, They are a challenging design but I find them too confusing to read.

It's actually the first place I saw them. I do follow a lot of people that post watches on there and I see these SevenFriday watches literally everyday. Seems like they are really getting their name out there.

I imagine the dial would take some getting used to, to actually be able to tell the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Past:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
cool watches. :shock:
They have 2 different models in various colors and instagram is full of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:32 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
I actually have one. Quite reminiscent of the Old school Heuer Silverstones in a slight way. At 47mm it's quite big but since it has no lugs, it wears quite comfortably.

The P-1, which is the one I have is the basic stainless steel model and priced at $1150. I got mine at a nice discount knowing full well these things will plummet as soon as this thing gets a breath of fresh air out of the box. But if you can pick one up used or at a discount, it definitely doesn't break the bank. The Miyota movement is spot on, and I have absolutely no issues with legibility. It's also built very well for its price point, although I think the other color options are just too gimmicky and go for a bit more just because of the color scheme.

The only thing that baffles me a bit is the 24 hour indicator, which doesn't really have any use at all for me. But then on most watches it doesn't make sense for me either. The running seconds is not a hand but a "disc" which is unique and which I do enjoy.
I've had mine for a full six months and it fits nicely into the rotation. Sure I could've bought many of the other countless start up boutique brands that pop up these days but definitely only time will tell whether these things will still be in or not. But as of now, I really enjoy this piece.

And it photographs really well actually. I haven't seen a bad photo of this watch yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:08 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
This one looks very nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

jlee5050 wrote:
I actually have one. Quite reminiscent of the Old school Heuer Silverstones in a slight way. At 47mm it's quite big but since it has no lugs, it wears quite comfortably.

The P-1, which is the one I have is the basic stainless steel model and priced at $1150. I got mine at a nice discount knowing full well these things will plummet as soon as this thing gets a breath of fresh air out of the box. But if you can pick one up used or at a discount, it definitely doesn't break the bank. The Miyota movement is spot on, and I have absolutely no issues with legibility. It's also built very well for its price point, although I think the other color options are just too gimmicky and go for a bit more just because of the color scheme.

The only thing that baffles me a bit is the 24 hour indicator, which doesn't really have any use at all for me. But then on most watches it doesn't make sense for me either. The running seconds is not a hand but a "disc" which is unique and which I do enjoy.
I've had mine for a full six months and it fits nicely into the rotation. Sure I could've bought many of the other countless start up boutique brands that pop up these days but definitely only time will tell whether these things will still be in or not. But as of now, I really enjoy this piece.

And it photographs really well actually. I haven't seen a bad photo of this watch yet.

jlee5050,

I appreciate the insight and the photos for sure. You are right I have never seen a bad photo of this watch anywhere I have seen it. I def agree you with you as well with the other color schemes (blue, green, orange, etc) being a bit gimmicky. I was looking at the rose gold.copper model and the SS one you have. I really appreciate the insight from someone you actually has one. I am still contemplating it as the price point I think is still a bit high for me for what I would get. For all I know I will never end up pulling the trigger or wait until I can get a pre-owned one for under $800. I will more than likely just wait until the pre-owned market fills up a bit, if I do deicide to purchase one. I appreciate the post and the photos. Thanks again.

Past: