Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi All,

Please follow the link below to my review of the most accurate watch ever. 1 second in every 100,000 years.

http://www.andrewmichaels.co.uk/blog/se ... atch-ever/

As always, your constructive criticism and comments are welcome.

Please visit my Watch Blog at http://www.AndrewMichaels.co.uk

******Our new Pre-owned watch site www.amjwatches.co.uk is now live*****

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:39 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Hi Ricardo,

Not sure where to start with this one, but its good topic. Lets start at the beginning. Or, is it at the end....... :lol:

As none of us have reached our gazillion birthday yet (and I assume no one at Seiko has either) as the human conditon does not really permit that to happen, I assume its all guess work. More than that though, they must have measured the frequency and interpolated the 100,000 year accuracy into the future and accounted for the GPS corrections to time. I am going out on a limb here, so help me if you can, but if its taking its timing from GPS sources and being corrected, then is it as intimated and setting a time standard? Its mearly being corrected by other time keepers, so is not better or worse than any radio controlled watch, even thoguh its super acurate to begin with and in between corrections. :wink:

I love maths and I use a lot of interpolation calcualtions in my profession. The one thing I can always say about this phenomena is; it could be 'out' by a margin by the time you get there, and is at best 'notional only'. Looks good on paper though.

Thank goodness I will not be round to see the watch on its 100,00 birthday. I wonder what state it would be in come that day. Do you think it would have corroded and disintegrated to dust by then, or be just merrily ticking away in its Zimmer frame in a corner? :)

Jim

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:54 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I really like the concept of this watch and was all set to buy one when I was in Japan 2 month ago. However it is WAAAY too big and thick...If they could shrink it to say 40-42mm and make a tad thinner, I would get it as my travel watch.

Jaeger Lecoultre Master Eight Days Perpetual 40, Rolex Daytona 116520, Rolex Explorer I 114270 - Calibre 3130, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300 - Calibre 3120, Zenith Striking 10th - Calibre 4052 B, ​Bremont MBII, Panerai 00390 SE.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

P51 wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

Not sure where to start with this one, but its good topic. Lets start at the beginning. Or, is it at the end....... :lol:

As none of us have reached our gazillion birthday yet (and I assume no one at Seiko has either) as the human conditon does not really permit that to happen, I assume its all guess work. More than that though, they must have measured the frequency and interpolated the 100,000 year accuracy into the future and accounted for the GPS corrections to time. I am going out on a limb here, so help me if you can, but if its taking its timing from GPS sources and being corrected, then is it as intimated and setting a time standard? Its mearly being corrected by other time keepers, so is not better or worse than any radio controlled watch, even thoguh its super acurate to begin with and in between corrections. :wink:

I love maths and I use a lot of interpolation calcualtions in my profession. The one thing I can always say about this phenomena is; it could be 'out' by a margin by the time you get there, and is at best 'notional only'. Looks good on paper though.

Thank goodness I will not be round to see the watch on its 100,00 birthday. I wonder what state it would be in come that day. Do you think it would have corroded and disintegrated to dust by then, or be just merrily ticking away in its Zimmer frame in a corner? :)

Jim

Indeed Jim,

There is an element of irrelevance when you try and work out the accuracy of the atomic clock that regulates the Astron GPS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

kaiserphoenix wrote:
I really like the concept of this watch and was all set to buy one when I was in Japan 2 month ago. However it is WAAAY too big and thick...If they could shrink it to say 40-42mm and make a tad thinner, I would get it as my travel watch.

My sentiments entirely.

I may have been swayed to buy one, which is saying something as a die-hard mechanical watch man, but the Astron GPS was just too big for me anyway.

Thanks for your comments.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
Very nice job! How much is it?