The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys! i'm a newbie & very excited about this site. i just bought a Blackbird with the big date & contimplating if i'm gonna exchange it for a navitimer world or anything that close to the price of the blackbird... can somebody help me? which one is better? btw, i'm not a pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Better is one you like more (the one which smiles to you). :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:01 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
rle55 wrote:
Hi guys! i'm a newbie & very excited about this site. i just bought a Blackbird with the big date & contimplating if i'm gonna exchange it for a navitimer world or anything that close to the price of the blackbird... can somebody help me? which one is better? btw, i'm not a pilot.

Can I ask, why are you thinking about changing the Blackbird? Of the two (Blackbird or Navi World), then my personal preferrence is the World, but they are both great watches and something must've attracted you to the Blackbird in the first place.

In terms of which is better, then there's no simple answer as they are both very different things - it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. You could look at the technical side of things - BB is water resistant to 300m, World is 30m : BB is approx 44mm, World is 46mm : World has GMT, BB doesn't, etc - or you can look at the aesthetics - BB is brushed, World is polished : BB is more contempory, World is more classic, etc. It boils down to what is more important to you and which you like more. It would be near impossible to say which is necessarily "better".

(Sorry, this is of no help to you at all!! :lol: )

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:57 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Go with the FULL LING.

The Navi-World is much more satisfying.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. i've only had my blackbird for 2 weeks & the place i got it from told me that if i ever change my mind i can exchange it. i was actually looking at the navitimer world & very attracted to it for the the simpleness & classic looks & size! that day but saw the blackbird with its big date window & i thought it was unique...but i find it a little to rugged for my style., although the saleman insist that the blackbird has better features than the navitimer. i don't but the movent & jewel a big deal?pls. help!!! i'm thinking going tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
It's difficult to say which one is better. Both are great watches! If it was me, I'd keep the Blackbird. But then again, I have my fair share of full lings already... I'd however take some time and seriously consider why exchanging it. Don't let it be a too quick decision. Thinking a bit more, the Blackbird is a bit special while there are a few "Navi Wolrd"-looking pieces... I think I'd still keep the Blackbird even if I didn't have my other watches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:05 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Keep the Blackbird and save up for the World IMO. The Blackbird is one beautiful hunk of stainless, and I love mine more and more each day. I couldnt imagine actually buying one then swapping it over...the pull of the World may be strong, but if you are ever in the mood for two Breitlings, a Blackbird and World would compliment each other perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
If you already have the Blackbird, I'd keep it, and the save up for the next Ling as well. The World is nice, but the Blackbird is a watch I've wanted for a while, and not seen very often. But in the end you'd probably be happier with either one. If you only have 1 watch, the Blackbird is probably a lot more versatile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:30 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I agree with the admin. just keep the blackbird and get the world later on in the near future... youll be happy either way bc in the end ull prob end up getting both :)

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

THank you guys for the suggestiions! anyway, i fnally made the trip to the store where i got it..(Bailey.....). i have to say i was kinda upset with salesperson, he was trying to rip me off..he said the only way to exchange it is if i upgrade!!! but in the receipt; it says 30 day return / 90 day exchange priveledge!!! i don't get it!!! he even said i'll exchange you the navi world but you have to get the alligator bracelet w/ it w/c is an additional 650!. although they don't have the navi world in a black face w/c i like...plus, the blackbird is more money..? what should i do? i think i really want the navitimer world even i have to get the silver favce w/c i think is more formal..what should i do? do i a right to exchange it. btw, he gave me a 15% discount on the blackbird... but i don't think it matters. pls. help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
If you really want to exchange it for the world, just return the blackbird, and take your cash to a different dealer. Done like dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:01 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I agree with admin. There could be a problem though - if your AD require the Blackbird to be unworn and with tags still on on order to claim the refund/exchange policy. If it was me, I'd be really persistant (starting out in a nice manner) and point at the refund option printed on the receipt, claiming that the watch IS unworn whatever they say (at least my AD removes all tags at delivery). Please keep us posted, and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks you guys so much for all the input!!!! i went there this afternoon, & the salesman was'nt there! i just braved myself & told this guy that i bought a watch 2 weeks ago & would like to echange it. guess what, this guy did'nt ask a thing & grab the Navitimer world & went to the register, i'm a little skeptical because he might ask me for more money since i got a discount on the blackbird, but luckily he even give me the 210 dollars differnce!!! wow! i was like "im getting a money back?" he said offcourse! the blackbird is more money! so i said you know what let me buy a leather strap, unfortunately they don't have a black in a 22mm in stock! to make the long story short! i Got the Navitimer world in a silver dial!!!, im just a little upset that the guy i bought the watch from was trying to rip me off!!! anyway,i'm going to the mall tom. to get the Black leather so i can preserve the metal bracelet for my wedding on Aug!. oops! yeah, this is an engagement gift:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Glad to hear it worked out as it should! And best wishes for the wedding! :)