The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:21 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 62 posts
From what I have seen so far, an interesting day.

Breitling-- Really like the new Chronomat. Sorry, 43mm is the largest Navi I will wear, and I'm completely happy with my 41.5. I need to see the Steelfish in person. I have to say though, typing the name with the picture I presently see makes me a little sick--the original was such a beautifully done piece. 48mm Airwolf-- I'm happy for the large-wristed folks, just not for me. I was hoping to see a re-do of the Colt. DLC Transocean--not for me

Patek--Yep, very nice, but fantasyland.

Omega-- I want to see the 45th Anniversary Speedy--just not sure. I'm on the other side of the fence with the 300M Seamaster--really, really like it. Prefer Dark Side to Bright side of the Moon.

Rolex-- I love and hate them. A Pepsi again, but in white gold? Beautiful I'm sure, but not for the money they will charge. I have seldom seen such a bare-handed shove up small spaces as this. Everybody who's a GMT fan clamored for this, then to get it but only if you are willing to or can pay for gold--it's frankly despicable, though I assume it is in part to pay for whatever magic it took to get a pepsi dial out of ceramic. Maybe a Coke dial, hopefully next year, will be stainless. The gold Sky-dweller and pimped-out Daytona are nearly and completely garish, respectively. The blue green-glass Milgauss I don't get, would need to see. However, the 40mm ceramic Sea-Dweller is spot-on.

AP Royal Oak 15400, silver
Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Classic Cars
Vintage gold Corum
Rolex DJ 36 TT, oyster dial, oyster/smooth
Baume & Mercier Riviera 200m, silver dial/aquamarine bezel
Breitling Superocean 57, rose/stainless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
mfserge wrote:
I think that new Omega Seamaster300 is so ugly. Some things need to be left in the past and that's one of them. This is the first time in a long time that I think Omega struck out at Basel, hopefully tomorrow brings some better releases from them.

I don't know if I would use the word ugly :) , but I've been looking at it over and over trying to figure out what all the hype is about. I don't like the case/lugs, don't like the bezel, don't like the polished arabics and is missing the date feature. I'm okay with the hands.

Guess I just don't get it but there will be others to admire.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:55 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I'm not a fan of the new Steelfish models. I wish if they were going to bring back the name, make it somewhat like the original. I'm glad to see the bezel pearl is back on it though. The color combinations work well and hopefully the arabics are lumed, but I just think they could have gone a different route with it. I am anxious to see the 46mm Navi with the blue dial.

I agree with Serge on that Seamaster 300. I just don't see the appeal in it but I'm sure it'l sell well.

I'm very curious to see the blue dial Milgauss and how it looks person. The GMT is nice but I'm not surprised they only introduced it in white gold. I wish Rolex would put the same bezel as they did on the new Seadweller on the Subs since I like the added markers.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:36 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 63 posts
Really wish they made silver dial Navi 46. I was told by my AD that the current World with silver dial was their best seller so not sure why they didn't make one for the newer Navi 46. The new Navi GMT is just to big for me so I guess I will have to settle with the Navi 46 black dial. Still happy enough that its inhouse movement and clear caseback :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:32 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
I agree with Serge on that Seamaster 300. I just don't see the appeal in it but I'm sure it'l sell well.

I'm having a fairly neutral reaction to this one -- especially given all of the advance hype. That being said, I'll be curious to see the blue dial/blue bezel version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:

Me too actually.... and I usually go all weak at the knees for a well executed re-issue of classic pieces. For some reason it's just not yanking my chain.

Personally I'd love to see Omega re-issue the SHOM - that's be an awesome piece IMO.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
Some great stuff come out from bremont. Will link pics up later.

Rolex milgauss GV
Olivant and Botsford 40mm Gold edition

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
I just don't understand how Rolex will sell the new Sea Dweller (to the masses not WIS) when it is a few thousand dollars more than a Subc. I would imagine the average customer will not go for the "upgrade." I think Rolex should have made it 42mm, right between the Sub and DSSD. This would at least give the appearance of more value. Is the HEV and the extra 3,000ft worth it to average Joe Iwanna Rolex?

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 28 posts
sco wrote:
I just don't understand how Rolex will sell the new Sea Dweller (to the masses not WIS) when it is a few thousand dollars more than a Subc. I would imagine the average customer will not go for the "upgrade." I think Rolex should have made it 42mm, right between the Sub and DSSD. This would at least give the appearance of more value. Is the HEV and the extra 3,000ft worth it to average Joe Iwanna Rolex?

Clients buying a Deepsea is a very different client than one buying a Sub to be honest. People buying a Sub are mostly people who don't have a clue about watches but want a Rolex. Because it's a Rolex and everybody can see it from afar that it is a Rolex. Clients buying a Deepsea, they are a different breed... They know everything there is to know about the Deepsea and usually had/have one already. It will sell, really! Already had several calls from clients to have one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
sco wrote:

Rolex has sold these two watches together for many many many years and have done quite well. I suspect they will still do very well co-existing together again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
sco wrote:

I'll pay the premium to not have the cyclops.

Breitling Transocean Chronograph LE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
It's a great looking watch and time will tell how it does. I'm glad there is another option, like I said I'm just surprised at 40mm.

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:53 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
Bremonts offerings

Timeless Luxury Watches is proud to bring you a look at what you can expect from Bremont this year!

Bremont MBIII: The new MBIII continues Bremont's obsession with aviation watches by adding a GMT model to its popular Martin-Baker collection:

As you can see, it retains the original MB and MBII's good looks with the knurled barrel and with an emphasis for extreme legibility.

Terra Nova:
Another new GMT watch, this time one designed for extremely cold environments.

This watch was worn by polar explorers Ben Saunders and Tarka L'Herpiniere, who walked from the north shore of Ross Island in Antarctica 900 to the South Pole (and another 900 back). The specially oiled movement in the Terra Nova makes it highly resistant to cold. This also marks the first titanium case from Bremont.

Bremont and Boeing: Bremont is releasing two collaborations with Boeing, the Boeing Model 1 and the Boeing Model 247. One of the things that will make the new Boeing model special is the use of Boeing airplane materials that have never been used by a watch manufacturer before.

Above is the Boeing Model 1. It will be available in two exotic materials, the first of which is 467 Stainless Steel, a "double vacuum-melted age-hardenable alloy" developed for the aerospace industry--this steel should offer superior strength, hardness and corrosion resistance. The other material will be Boeing aviation grade Ti-64 titanium.

Bremont Boeing Model 247:
This is the new chronograph for 2014 and its twin registers (and name) are inspired by the first Boeing twin-engine commercial plane. Like the Model 1, it's available in 465 stainless steel or Boeing aviation-grade titanium.

Also noteworthy is the use of a screw down crown and screw down pushers and although we don't have a view of the chronometer-grade movement yet, it will have a sapphire caseback.

Rolex milgauss GV
Olivant and Botsford 40mm Gold edition

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:30 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
I think my logic why Rolex did the Pepsi GMT in white gold is that they knew how much people (collectors alike) want it. BAD. So then, why not price the mere mortal out and make a killing off of it? Plus could be that they didn't want to cannibalize the sales off the Black/Blue SS released last year if they made the Pepsi in SS.

I suspect this piece will also be one of those rare precious metal models that will hold its value very well in the long run.

Having said this, it still looks badass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
I do like that Bremont Boeing 247, and both models are definitely a different look to the current collection, which is also a positive for me.

The "Light Side of the Moon" is nice, but not phenomenal for me, and outside of the SeaDweller, the Rolex's are again nice but definitely not revolutionary.

My favorite so far is still the Airborne.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next