Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I get that.. but I think many Birks employees know nothing beyond what they sell and Rolex.

This isn't always the case with all Lings, I get a lot of compliments on my Motors, and a Friend who just bought a Mark VI and also owns several Cartiers, Rolexes and Chopards gets tons of compliments on the Bentley, whereas no one really complimented on the other watches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:08 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
I can tell You a fun story like that:

A man with a cheap old worn suite came into the Wempe store in Vienna, a platic bag in his hand. A young watchmaker was attending him in expectation, that it was for a repair. He asked for a Vacheron for about 30000 Euros. The young watchmaker elaborately explained the complicated watch, serving the customer for at least an hour.
The manager was already thinking of throwing the potential customer, but decided otherwise, as there wasn't much else to do, and handling that customer was a good training for the young man.
Suddenly the man put his hand into the plastic bag, and took out a bundle of Euros, counted them, put them an the table and bought the watch.
Afterwards they found out, he was the owner of the largest supermarket chain in Austria, and he was carrying at least 1 million euros in his bag....

So, first rule is never to judge a potential customer for his looks.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:29 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Alien wrote:
I can tell You a fun story like that:

A man with a cheap old worn suite came into the Wempe store in Vienna, a platic bag in his hand. A young watchmaker was attending him in expectation, that it was for a repair. He asked for a Vacheron for about 30000 Euros. The young watchmaker elaborately explained the complicated watch, serving the customer for at least an hour.
The manager was already thinking of throwing the potential customer, but decided otherwise, as there wasn't much else to do, and handling that customer was a good training for the young man.
Suddenly the man put his hand into the plastic bag, and took out a bundle of Euros, counted them, put them an the table and bought the watch.
Afterwards they found out, he was the owner of the largest supermarket chain in Austria, and he was carrying at least 1 million euros in his bag....

So, first rule is never to judge a potential customer for his looks.

BG
Thomas

That happens a lot in the auto business as well.

We've had customers come in wearing soiled and torn clothes, horrible odor, greasy hair, driving the dirtiest, piece of junk car and come in buy new Corvettes, 600SL Mercedes-Benz, 700 Series BMW's, you name it!

Crazy.

Never judge a book by it's cover.

~Brian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:17 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Altair wrote:
You know its strange you would bring that up, a friend of mine almost flipped when he found out I payed 3800 for my Chrono Evo, he couldnt believe I would leave my Omega and Rolex at home to wear it nevermind paying that much. Something about the blue dial making it look like a toy?!

To me my Chrono Evo is the most visually stricking watch I have ever ownedm goes to show you.

I guess Breitlings just dont have that much recognision and are not as "impressive" to those not in the know.

Funny you should mention that, but a mate of mine (who CLAIMS to be into his watches!) says he hates my Navi World. He reckons the dial looks like "something that Citizen would make"! Errr, right OK. Those 60 or so years of Navitimer history and heritage must've clearly passed him by!

But then I probably shouldn't really accept any comments from a guy who (seriously) maintains that his Casio G-Shock is better than a B-1! :tard:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:10 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Casio G-Shock?

That's great!

~Brian