Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 5 posts
Irf wrote:
If your on Instagram then search for the relevant hashtag. Lots of pics on there, also on the Rolex Forum.

Here's a few of mine:

Circa 2006 Submariner date (not mine) v DSSD:

Omega PO9300 v DSSD:

SD4000 v DSSD:

DSSD:

I appreciate the comparsion shots. The PO 9300 was on my list as well awhile back. When I tried it on it just looked funny on my wrist. Say to high and was a bit small width wise as well. I think for the size the DSSD does sit a bit better, even though it is overall smaller than the PO 9300.

Past:
Black Dial Super Avenger with Numerals
Countless "high priced" cheapos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Irf wrote:
coltstrong wrote:
I was told by an AD that a lot of the owners of DSSD's complain and get a sub-c. Not sure if its true but should be considered. Apparently it wears really uncomfortably and top heavy according to them.

Typical salesman talk???

There's plenty of people who love their DSSD's, myself included. Yes there are those that find flaws with it, but so do owners of Subs and SD's.

Look at how many of each watch is available on the second hand market ;)

The main advantage to wearing the DSSD regularly is the glidelock clasp. It can be adjused during the day if your wrist expands or contracts. The Sub-C has glidelock too but the watch might be too small for the OP.

Yes, the sub-c is way to small for me. I tried that on, the BLNR, and the Yacht Master II (for the hell of it, WAY out of my price range) the 40mm size literally looks like a toy on my wrist. I only have a 7.5in wrist so I don't have a huge wrist. But to me it looked way to small for me to enjoy. I am not sure at this point the 44mm is even big enough. Good thing is I have at least a year to decide on what to purchase next. Have to take care of some other things before I make another purchase.

Past:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Wim wrote:
The problem I had with the DSSD was that I found the bracelet between the lugs too small with 21 mm for a watch this size and thickness.

The taper is def way to much for the size of the case. It is something I could get past I think. But it def should have a wider bracelet to compliment the girth of the atypical Rolex.

Past:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
superavenger13 wrote:
Wim wrote:
The problem I had with the DSSD was that I found the bracelet between the lugs too small with 21 mm for a watch this size and thickness.

The taper is def way to much for the size of the case. It is something I could get past I think. But it def should have a wider bracelet to compliment the girth of the atypical Rolex.

It would be perfect if there was no taper, but the way it is now it's a little too much of a size difference and just looks strange to me. I'd wear it on an Isofrane though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I honestly believe that if the bracelet was not tapered, the bracelet would be too wide and uncomfortable to wear.

Imagine the clasp being much wider, it would possibly restrict the moment of your wrist?

Casio GWF-1000 Frogman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:33 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

No. Even with no taper it would only be 21mm, thinner than most Breitling clasps. It would even out the look IMO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:26 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
MattC wrote:
No. Even with no taper it would only be 21mm, thinner than most Breitling clasps. It would even out the look IMO

The widest Breitling clasp is tapered to 20mm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Right thanks for the correction. Still, it would be ok as lung as you don't have tiny wrists.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
MattC wrote:
superavenger13 wrote:
Wim wrote:

It would be perfect if there was no taper, but the way it is now it's a little too much of a size difference and just looks strange to me. I'd wear it on an Isofrane though.

What about on a Rubber B?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 37 posts
coltstrong wrote:
I was told by an AD that a lot of the owners of DSSD's complain and get a sub-c. Not sure if its true but should be considered. Apparently it wears really uncomfortably and top heavy according to them.

I've tried on a DSSD and found it to be too top heavy. Compared with a Steelfish or Skyland, which are much more balanced and comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:03 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Well I went back to another AD today that sold Breitling, Rolex and many others. The DSSD is officially out of the running as well as the Navi 01 46mm. I didn't really like the DSSD when I first tried it on last week for various reasons. I originally fell in love with the Navi GMT. For it's size, in house movement and display caseback. But the more I looked at it online there was something off about the dial. At least that is what I thought until I saw it in person an hour ago. It is the better than I could have ever imagined. It is incredible. The fit, the finish, the weight is perfect for the watch, the way it sits on my wrist. I swear they made it for me. I cannot get the funds together soon enough. Even though it will be at least a six month wait for me to do that. But it is the next piece for sure. The DSSD after first look had no chance especially after trying it on after the GMT. The Navi 01 46mm I felt was always going to wear a bit small but I was ok with it after looking at photos of the GMT online. I put the 46mm version on as well and it wore really really small. I put the GMT on and as soon as I closed the deployment I knew, I mean I knew I had to have it. And I doubted myself because of online pictures, Shame on me. Should have listened to my gut and I would have never even thought about Rolex. Navi GMT!!!!

Anyone want to give me any cash, so I don't have to wait so long? :)

This is the Navi 01 46mm just felt really small to me. Didn't have the same feeling as when I put on that GMT.

I can't scrape together the money fast enough. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Past:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

I'm excited for this one for sure! Looks incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:19 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
I've owned both.. Both are great. I would base it on which you believe to be most "wearable" for your lifestyle... DSSD is large and heavy, however the 46mm B wears very large and looks bigger on the wrist.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Ok…Just read your most recent post. I guess you're going with the Navi GMT.

I was going to say...

Go with the DSSD.

I'm gonna sell two of my watches to get the DSSD.

The Super Avenger is just too big for me now (my tastes are starting to change) and I think the Planet Ocean XL at 45.5mm is the perfect size, however I find not that thick.

In the DSSD, I get the thickness that I like of the SA, and a dial that is almost as big as the PO with the same look, on top of the magnificent engineering. Not a bad compromise I think.

If you have the Bentley, just go with the 43mm Navi to switch it up. I think it's more of a dress watch anyways, so may as well tame it down a little. I actually prefer my Navi on leather. Also, at 43mm the Navi looks much larger than as it is all dial. It actually looks like it's the same size as my PO. The Navi will always be a more delicate wearer no matter if it is 43mm or 46mm.

Wear the Bentley for bling, and the DSSD for all other occasions.

I think you'd be happy and cover the range with a 43mm, 44mm and 48.5mm.

In case you need something in between, have you seen (tried on) the IWC Ingenieur at 46mm? That thing is a beast!

BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
OMEGA Planet Ocean XL (Sold)
SEIKO Fifty Five Fathoms Mod
SEIKO Orange Monster
SEIKO Black Monster (Traded)
TISSOT PRC 200