Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BREMONT BOEING 247
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
I have just been looking around at one of my favourite makers (Bremont) and their presentation at Basel this year. I was taken by the design of the crown for the new Boeing Model 247. Is it unique or are there similar designs out there? I don't know, but I do know one thing - I am definitely a fan of this design.

It is certainly tactile looking and I would think a functional and ergonomic way of winding a watch, but its also rather beautiful. If you are going to differentiate a watch and introduce a new collaboration with a famous aircraft maker, then this seems a perfect way of doing it from an appearance point of view. The locks on the push pieces designed in the same way add to the effect.

http://www.bremont.com/chronometers/ran ... 7#selector

Now, there's a Crown!

What do you think?

"You have Control".

Post subject: Re: BREMONT BOEING 247
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:02 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 35 posts
On the style front, Bremont has made watches with a modern aviation and functional ruggedness. The brand has a great Dive watch DNA and they have gotten many compliments. This one is a winner. I found it interesting on the case material they are using, the Boeing 465 steel. I suppose it gives them a case like Rolex 904L steel. The crown and guards traveling down the case is stylishly done. Although the location of the crown is not new, the guards are the first I noticed. Most often crown guards are found as peeks, but not always. The final model will be on my watch list.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Very nice watch indeed.

Why that orientation of the date window for a generally left-hand-wearing watch market? The Colt Chrono II is the same location & orientation. Rotating the date window 90 deg. anti-clockwise would solve the elbow-in/wrist-out torquing for the masses trying to read the date. :idea:

Or am I looking at this incorrectly? :shock:

Desert Hiker

Last edited by Desert Hiker on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:49 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
If you mean the single digit dates having the bottom of the number pointing to 4:30 that's a fairly standard date wheel design for 4:30 dates - Breitling uses it as well. Double digit dates are the more traditional angling as shown in the photos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
I really like these new models, particularly the white dialed 247. Perfect size for me, rugged, a nice balanced dial, good looking bezel, great looking crown, clear and legible, a good looking strap - what's not to like :wink: Any idea on price i.e. is it going to be the usual $6,000 plus?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
6750 for the chrono 5500 for the 3 hander USD

Rolex milgauss GV
Olivant and Botsford 40mm Gold edition

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Desert Hiker wrote:
Very nice watch indeed.

Why that orientation of the date window for a generally left-hand-wearing watch market? The Colt Chrono II is the same location & orientation. Rotating the date window 90 deg. anti-clockwise would solve the elbow-in/wrist-out torquing for the masses trying to read the date. :idea:

Or am I looking at this incorrectly? :shock:

Desert Hiker

Roffensian wrote:
If you mean the single digit dates having the bottom of the number pointing to 4:30 that's a fairly standard date wheel design for 4:30 dates - Breitling uses it as well. Double digit dates are the more traditional angling as shown in the photos.

Yes, referring to the double digit dates in date windows at the 4.5 hour position. The single digits are both larger and oriented for readability without contortions. Aging eyes and joints are a problem for the double digit orientation...although it only affects the 10th through the 31st of each month. :shock:

Desert Hiker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:05 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
I like the crown and pushers on this model. The rest of the watch, although very readable and clean is a little plain looking. I think the hands need a little more shape or something. After owning an MBII a few years ago I've been waiting for something else interesting from Bremont. I've been a little disappointed the last couple years, a lot of LEs with high prices and not much new in the regular line-up.

The Boeing models are OK but not for the price, the external rotating bezel is a plus as I did not like the internal trip-tick, too hard and slow to operate on the wrist. Oh well, can't like them all, maybe next year :? .