All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:44 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
8)
Cheers,
Ron

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:47 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Very nice pic and very nice watch!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Everytime i see that beauty it reminds me how much I need to get a diamond B.. and SOON!

Post subject: Diamond Bezel
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:23 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Ron,

That Chrono with the diamond bezel is fantastic. Now make sure you don't go out of the house with it until you put it on a Steel bracelet and it would help if you got the sunglasses with shiny steel frames to go with it.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:12 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Couldn't agree less - I think it looks just fine as it is - and in the end that's what it all comes down to, isn't it, personal choice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:50 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

As I said to admin, I am here to help. The fact that you have a Chrono of that level is evidence that you do actually have "VISION" from time to time. However, if you can't see that a watch of that magnitude belongs on a POLISHED pilot bracelet then you too NEED GUIDANCE just like Admin. We are not talking about a run of the mill Chrono Evolution here, we are looking at a Beautiful, Diamond Bezel work of art version of the Chronomat. Let me ask you a question, would you take a DIAMOND to a grinding wheel to ROUGH IT UP A LITTLE ? NO you want the diamond to shine. When you strap a Breitling to a Leather band and in your case NOT EVEN A CROCO band, what you are doing is taking what is meant to be a "sparkling" work of art and strapping it to a CHEAP BELT THAT COULD BE PURCHASED AT SEARS. What you have done here is installed a verticle antenna on a Bentley with a Racoon tail hanging from it to make a STATEMENT of "I live in the ghetto". Like I said before I'm here to help so accept it and do whatever you have to do to get a REAL bracelet for that Beautiful Chrono and in the meantime if you actually walk out of the house with that DISGUSTING leather band, take a black felt pen and color in that ridiculous white stitching in black to hide the cheap, poor taste of the thing. Would you wear a pair or black Bruno Magli shoes that came with WHITE STITCHING ? No I doubt it ! What will happen here is you will REBEL for a time and feel insulted but then you will start looking at Chrono's like yours on REAL Breitling bracelets and you will start realizing that I am right and you will FINALLY give that beautiful watch the bracelet it deserves. and I would like to add that in this particular situation it's not a matter of opinion or personal choice, I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG ! !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

haha this is kind of entertaining :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:52 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yeah, to me at least. I've never seen someone so adamant about how a watch has to be a certain way. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:29 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Guy's

Now you are catching on, I'm trying to get a little ACTION going here. This forum needs some ACTIVITY

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:11 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

acceldebt wrote:
As I said to admin, I am here to help. The fact that you have a Chrono of that level is evidence that you do actually have "VISION" from time to time. However, if you can't see that a watch of that magnitude belongs on a POLISHED pilot bracelet then you too NEED GUIDANCE just like Admin. We are not talking about a run of the mill Chrono Evolution here, we are looking at a Beautiful, Diamond Bezel work of art version of the Chronomat. Let me ask you a question, would you take a DIAMOND to a grinding wheel to ROUGH IT UP A LITTLE ? NO you want the diamond to shine. When you strap a Breitling to a Leather band and in your case NOT EVEN A CROCO band, what you are doing is taking what is meant to be a "sparkling" work of art and strapping it to a CHEAP BELT THAT COULD BE PURCHASED AT SEARS. What you have done here is installed a verticle antenna on a Bentley with a Racoon tail hanging from it to make a STATEMENT of "I live in the ghetto". Like I said before I'm here to help so accept it and do whatever you have to do to get a REAL bracelet for that Beautiful Chrono and in the meantime if you actually walk out of the house with that DISGUSTING leather band, take a black felt pen and color in that ridiculous white stitching in black to hide the cheap, poor taste of the thing. Would you wear a pair or black Bruno Magli shoes that came with WHITE STITCHING ? No I doubt it ! What will happen here is you will REBEL for a time and feel insulted but then you will start looking at Chrono's like yours on REAL Breitling bracelets and you will start realizing that I am right and you will FINALLY give that beautiful watch the bracelet it deserves. and I would like to add that in this particular situation it's not a matter of opinion or personal choice, I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG ! !
clicking. You must not have opened my PC wallpaper thread below this one and seen some of my Breitling collection or other pics of the EVO on its bracelet. I had ordered the EVO on bracelet and that's how it arrived here. I wear it on bracelet during the warmer months and had put the black croco on it for photos and cooler weather wear. That photo mis-lead you because it is a bit dark. That strap is actually the croco, not calf leather. I'll re-post a few of the pics here so you will have a quick look for reference.

I am very fortunate to have quite a few very nice Breitling chronos from which to choose and all of them have bracelet/strap options I can select. I have to agree with BreitlingSource regarding how adamant you are about the correctness of configuration choices. Most forum members preface comments about subjective selections with "IMO" as a matter of courtesy. You may strongly dislike and disagree with another person's preferences but a harsh diatribe to elicit "action" often becomes counter productive in my experience. Just my humble opinion, anyway.... BTW, check out the last photo and tell my why the black croco on the EVO would not be appropriate for the upcoming occasion you see on those tickets... :)
Cheers,
Ron

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:54 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Ron, it's so nice to see/read a balanced post - without trying to force people to agree with the author...(I'm a real cuss - the more people push, the more I resist!)

As it happens I don't particularly like the diamond bezels - but it won't be me that tries to convince you they're 'wrong'.

Wonderful photos by the way!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:55 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

sportback wrote:
Ron, it's so nice to see/read a balanced post - without trying to force people to agree with the author...(I'm a real cuss - the more people push, the more I resist!)

As it happens I don't particularly like the diamond bezels - but it won't be me that tries to convince you they're 'wrong'.

Wonderful photos by the way!!
for your very kind compliment and comments. As for the bezel on the EVO, I felt (and still do) exactly the same way as you but wifey gave it to me for my 60th BD present. Like most ladies, she has an affinity for the little white rocks. Actually, I wear my B-1 much more than any of my other chrono's because it is absolutely the best functional watch ever built IMHO. Breitling's "instrument for professionals" slogan truly applies to that watch. It is by far the most useful piece I have and I suspect most B-1 owners would agree. All the chrono's have their own special features or attractions and are a pleasure to wear but I find myself going back to the B-1 time and again. I admit the EVO has the "wow" factor edge over the others, especially outdoors or in well lit rooms. It's almost scarey how it pulls the wrist away from me and bonks innocent bystanders over the head as if to say "Hey, check this bad boy out!". Sometimes the shock effect is fun, a bit of a "guilty pleasure". Another time or place it may be inappropriate and ostentatious. I suppose that can be said about many "sporting" style watches which includes a heck of a lot of Breitlings. I do enjoy wearing the EVO and admiring that gorgeous dial and overall amazing build and finish of the watch. I know I would feel the same about that piece even without the little chips on it. :lol: I took a couple of shots of it yesterday and will post them in a little while for you. Meanwhile, here is the one that gets the most wrist time by far... :wink:
Cheers,
Ron