PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
will encourage some new posts here in the Watch Gallery... :wink:
Best,
Ron

Bette's "fashion watch"... :)

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:09 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Well, here's a "something other than a Breitling" shot for the day...

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:09 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Used to have this watch

But then I traded it towards this one!

5 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:01 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

^^^^^ Couldn't agree more with that great choice, Scot! :wink: :D

4 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I picked this one up to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild. I was able to order it in March of this year and they told me I could expect to take delivery in August. I took delivery of it in May and put it away in the safe. My grandson joined us on August 17th and I wore it for the first time when I held him shortly after he was born.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

These two I picked up to celebrate my birthday. They were a "package" deal but I wasn't too upset, I want the JLC Polaris Blue and was surprised to see it offered by an AD and not a JLC boutique. When my sales associate said that they might be able to sweeten the pot I said why not.

He said I could have the Polaris Blue only if I agreed to take this one also!

It has been a good year so far!

4 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:29 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

56scooter wrote:
I picked this one up to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild. I was able to order it in March of this year and they told me I could expect to take delivery in August. I took delivery of it in May and put it away in the safe. My grandson joined us on August 17th and I wore it for the first time when I held him shortly after he was born.

First off, Scot -- congrats on your new grandson! What a great story about having the RO on hand to wear for the first time when you held him -- really great.

Turning to the watch for a moment, the lighting makes it hard to tell -- is that the blue dial, or the gray dial?

O2AFAC67 likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:30 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

56scooter wrote:

I HATE when that happens!!! :uplaugh:

O2AFAC67 likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Moana43 wrote:
56scooter wrote:

First off, Scot -- congrats on your new grandson! What a great story about having the RO on hand to wear for the first time when you held him -- really great.

Turning to the watch for a moment, the lighting makes it hard to tell -- is that the blue dial, or the gray dial?

Jim, Thank you very much for your well wishes, a grandchild changes so many things! To answer your question, it is the blue dial. Blue is my favorite color and I am a sucker for a blue dialed watch. I was extremely fortunate to be offered this watch. There are stories about how people are on lists for months but this was actually my first AP purchase. I am not going to lie and say I was lucky, I wasn't. The sales associate at AP was a friend of mine from when he was a sales associate at Breitling. We have kept in touch and although I always admired the AP watch they were a little out of my price range. When it was offered to me I actually turned him down because of the price, but after walking two blocks toward the subway I turned around and did the deal.

The story behind the Pepsi is pretty much the same. My sales associate used to work at Breitling and he knows that I am a serious collector and that I would not be flipping the watch. He went to bat for me and was able to convince the manager to make the deal. My wife is lobbying hard to have the Pepsi sized to fit her, claims that it is too small on my wrist. We shall see!

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:10 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

56scooter wrote:
To answer your question, it is the blue dial. Blue is my favorite color and I am a sucker for a blue dialed watch. I was extremely fortunate to be offered this watch. There are stories about how people are on lists for months but this was actually my first AP purchase. I am not going to lie and say I was lucky, I wasn't. The sales associate at AP was a friend of mine from when he was a sales associate at Breitling. We have kept in touch and although I always admired the AP watch they were a little out of my price range. When it was offered to me I actually turned him down because of the price, but after walking two blocks toward the subway I turned around and did the deal.

The story behind the Pepsi is pretty much the same. My sales associate used to work at Breitling and he knows that I am a serious collector and that I would not be flipping the watch. He went to bat for me and was able to convince the manager to make the deal. My wife is lobbying hard to have the Pepsi sized to fit her, claims that it is too small on my wrist. We shall see!

Wow -- great story, and interesting to see how your Breitling contacts have led to other horological adventures!

The blue RO is killer -- big congrats on that one (not to mention your others). :wink:

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

I'll keep the ball rolling with another non-Breitling...

This one is the Ulysse Nardin Classico Dual Time. I love the fact that this piece combines a very classic look with some very cool technical innovations. The dial is enamel, and is a beautiful ivory color. There are three modes controlled by pushing the button on the crown. "W" is wind mode, "D" is date mode, and "T" is for setting the time. Once the function has been selected by pushing in the crown, all one need do is turn the crown in order to wind the watch, set the date (forward or backward at any time), or set the time. The window at 9:00 displays "home time." Once this is set, then in order to change the local time while traveling, all one need do is use the pushers on the left side of the case in order to move the hour hand forward or backward. Apparently, Ludwig Oechslin (now of Ochs and Junior) had a hand in the design of the mechanics, as he did with some of the unbelievably complex pieces from UN over the years, including the Freak. I love this one...

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:19 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
56scooter wrote:

Given the difficulty in obtaining a BLRO at the moment, I'm surprised the AD didn't make the offer the other way round!

Either way, awesome package deal! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
Wow Scot, that’s just about all I can say. There’s something about the blue AP royal oak. That watch alone would make me very happy but then you throw in a Pepsi as well. I finally got a chance to try on the Pepsi a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. I was never a jubilee fan but it felt so great on the wrist.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:07 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Incredible pickups! And congratulations on the grandchild!

I absolutely love the AP and I'm glad you were able to source one without the crazy wait and having to deal with all the speculators. And that Polaris is very cool. I wanted to see one of those in person as I'm a big fan of that line in general. The normal blue is difficult to photograph so I imagine the limited edition 1 is even harder as I'm sure that dial is just stunning in person

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

56scooter likes this post.