Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Kailex wrote:
Hello Dracha, I am agree with you 100%. Therefore, this vintage Breitling are still so cheap, although rare as hell.

But today the Breitling company (even if there is a new company, but the same brand) manufactures top watches and has a large market. If only a handful of new collectors discover vintages, the vintage prices will explode for such rarities. Because I do not think there still exist a lot more than 5 pieces of the Datora 803.

So, a perfect investment for your children instead of a life insurance policy.

Then the price is irrelevant. (As are the prices of any others that might or might not be out there.) Just write the guy a check and get your watch!

And enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
pad119 wrote:
Then the price is irrelevant. (As are the prices of any others that might or might not be out there.) Just write the guy a check and get your watch!

And enjoy it!

:yeahthat and with that comment also marks the end of troll food in my supply

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:08 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 626 posts
pad119 wrote:
Kailex wrote:
Hello Dracha, I am agree with you 100%. Therefore, this vintage Breitling are still so cheap, although rare as hell.

But today the Breitling company (even if there is a new company, but the same brand) manufactures top watches and has a large market. If only a handful of new collectors discover vintages, the vintage prices will explode for such rarities. Because I do not think there still exist a lot more than 5 pieces of the Datora 803.

So, a perfect investment for your children instead of a life insurance policy.

And enjoy it!

Hope it brings as much enjoyment to you as this thread did for us. :uplaugh:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:19 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
hello guys i just finished translating all of my comments orlogio but one of you from whom I have heard only negative comments are more reasonable than others. I'm sure the price of my piece is high but you also think that if you had a watch so rare you would try to sell at high prices. I am available to show the clock by a technician to show to those who are doubtful that it is original. and who says he has seen other 803 I say that surely were not for sale, I'm the fool that I sell a piece to keep for their children tomorrow will be much more valuable. I also wanted to tell you that I read about many people who are truly connoisseurs, I am a collector but I do not mean to ref. movements etc.. but I love the watches to the aesthetics and the 803 when I bought is the one that struck me. sorry to have seemed arrogant but I have bothered some comments. will connect with me when I hello all

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:57 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Benvenuto a nostro forum, Signore Taglio:

No one here wants to be negative. Certainly, you are free to sell your watch if you want. And you are free to ask whatever price you would like.
But, the forum owners do NOT permit promoting ongoing eBay auctions. You can find the rules here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=855

In order to realize the full value of such a scarce watch, you may want to list your watch with an auction house. Ebay is primarily for hobbyists. Not many people on ebay are connoisseurs in the market for really scarce watches. Some of the more well known auction houses for you to try:

Sothebys
http://www.sothebys.com/it/auctions/201 ... rview.html (in Italiano)

Christies:
http://www.christies.com/features/welco ... /sell.aspx (in Italiano)

Bonhams:
http://www.bonhams.com/how_to_sell/ (Inglese)

Good luck with your sale!
Ciao