The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
 
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:36 pm 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 13432
Likes: 985 posts
Liked in: 1171 posts
Location: Vienna, Austria
Absolutely, Roff, currently it would be US$ 1,950 or so. But after shipping (between $50 and 70 typically) you have to add VAT for EU imports, varies from country to country, but on average around 20%, plus customs clearing charges, so a US watch I buy for $1,500 becomes a $1,900 watch when it arrives.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 pm 
Offline
King of Ling
King of Ling
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 pm
Posts: 2469
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
WatchFred wrote:
Absolutely, Roff, currently it would be US$ 1,950 or so. But after shipping (between $50 and 70 typically) you have to add VAT for EU imports, varies from country to country, but on average around 20%, plus customs clearing charges, so a US watch I buy for $1,500 becomes a $1,900 watch when it arrives.


Ouch... but would it be safe to say Fred that at times, even with the VAT it's still cheaper to pick them up from the states?

_________________
"I don't got the bright watch I got the right watch" -Jay Z


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:41 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 13432
Likes: 985 posts
Liked in: 1171 posts
Location: Vienna, Austria
jlee5050 wrote:
WatchFred wrote:
Absolutely, Roff, currently it would be US$ 1,950 or so. But after shipping (between $50 and 70 typically) you have to add VAT for EU imports, varies from country to country, but on average around 20%, plus customs clearing charges, so a US watch I buy for $1,500 becomes a $1,900 watch when it arrives.


Ouch... but would it be safe to say Fred that at times, even with the VAT it's still cheaper to pick them up from the states?


With auctioned vintage pieces the location is quite irrelevant, it is only luck, supply/demand and patience, sometimes pieces in the US skyrocket much higher than similar watches in Germany or the UK.

BIN asking prices are a bit lower in the US, much here seems to be influenced by the crazy price levels the Museum asks and does not get, the real selling prices are not too different.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 102
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
and this one ...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Breitling-Premier-Do ... fab97#shId
normaly venus 176 ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 am 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 am
Posts: 36521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 485 posts
Location: Ontario, Canada
coxolfi wrote:



Hands and crown aren't original, and the dial looks off, but essentially correct.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:48 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 13432
Likes: 985 posts
Liked in: 1171 posts
Location: Vienna, Austria
Roffensian wrote:
coxolfi wrote:



Hands and crown aren't original, and the dial looks off, but essentially correct.


+1
basically correct, but seen (much) nicer ones, seller claims it has been recently serviced, but look at the pushers :shock:. Must have been in a sad state for those to be so severely marred.

If u are seriously looking for a very nice 18k Premier, pm me; a very, very nice ref. 178 is on auction from Germany, good seller. Tempted myself, but have the exact same watch, so I´ll pass on this one.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 102
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Yes its mine !!! :cheer:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... _946wt_937
For 1350 eur !!! :uplaugh:
Good buissnes ! No ? :mrgreen:
When i receve the watch i post a photos.
I dream my first venus 188 !!!



   


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:15 pm 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 am
Posts: 36521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 485 posts
Location: Ontario, Canada
Congratulations!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 13432
Likes: 985 posts
Liked in: 1171 posts
Location: Vienna, Austria
as the link you posted is broken, I assume it is the 18k 1188 ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300648747065?ss ... 1438.l2649

congrats !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 102
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Exactly it s the Good link... :uplaugh:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
 


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group