The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:19 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Up for sale or trade is a Breitling Navitimer 1, Reference # A173261A1L1P2, It comes complete with everything a Breitling Authorized Dealer provides - including all boxes, papers, booklets and Breitling Factory Warranty Card, registered by the Authorized Dealer.

Purchased in September of 2019 with 9 months of Breitling Factory Warranty remaining, in excellent condition, still has protective plastic pieces in place, this watch was released only in the Middle East, a limited edition for a specific geographic area

Watch Details:
Breitling Navitimer 1 one of 250 pieces
41mm Stainless Steel Case, Green Dial, pictures show an "old" style Breitling Deployant with green croc strap, it would ship with the newer style deployant and new style green croc strap
Breitling B17 Movement / 42hr Power Reserve

Trades: Interested in either JLC, Glashütte Original, IWC Yacht Club, or Breitling Navitimer 1959 Re-edition or Breitling AVI Ref 765 1953 Re-Edition Pilot Chronograph will add cash as appropriate.

Payment: Bank Wire or Method to be determined

Price: $3995

Trade Value $4395

Shipping: Ships with full insurance would prefer a sale in the United States

References available on request

Additional photos available upon request

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:22 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Wow, you're having a bit of a clear-out here, Scoot! GLWS! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:26 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Driver, I have been a Breitling enthusiast for over ten years. As a collector I have purchased watches from numerous brands including Rolex, JLC, Glashütte Original, Audemars Piguet, Bremont and some smaller micro brands. Over the years Breitling has treated me very well, I flew with the Jet team in 2015 and spent a week in Reno at the Air Races. I have met some wonderful people who work for Breitling and other Breitling enthusiasts at events that Breitling sponsored. Over the years I was able to obtain what I consider choice selections through the NYC Boutique. Unfortunately my wife and I have too many watches to wear. In the past I have just had them on display but a that now seems somewhat silly. With numerous choices available, including some highly desirable models, my wife favors either her 41mm Colt or her Colt Skyracer. I find myself choosing the same watch time and time again. The only reason the majority of the watches I put up for sale are Breitling's is that I have far more Breitling's than those of other brands. If I include the ones that I gifted to my children there were at one point over 25 Breitling's in the family, just far too many to wear on a regular basis. Some of those that I put up for sale were worn less than five times. It just made sense to make some of them available to those who might get more use out of them. Now that I finally figured out how to post some pictures, (former photo bucket user) I will post some of the pieces in my collection.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:10 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Bump it up!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
56scooter wrote:
Driver, I have been a Breitling enthusiast for over ten years. As a collector I have purchased watches from numerous brands including Rolex, JLC, Glashütte Original, Audemars Piguet, Bremont and some smaller micro brands. Over the years Breitling has treated me very well, I flew with the Jet team in 2015 and spent a week in Reno at the Air Races. I have met some wonderful people who work for Breitling and other Breitling enthusiasts at events that Breitling sponsored. Over the years I was able to obtain what I consider choice selections through the NYC Boutique. Unfortunately my wife and I have too many watches to wear. In the past I have just had them on display but a that now seems somewhat silly. With numerous choices available, including some highly desirable models, my wife favors either her 41mm Colt or her Colt Skyracer. I find myself choosing the same watch time and time again. The only reason the majority of the watches I put up for sale are Breitling's is that I have far more Breitling's than those of other brands. If I include the ones that I gifted to my children there were at one point over 25 Breitling's in the family, just far too many to wear on a regular basis. Some of those that I put up for sale were worn less than five times. It just made sense to make some of them available to those who might get more use out of them. Now that I finally figured out how to post some pictures, (former photo bucket user) I will post some of the pieces in my collection.

Scot --

First off, I'm curious -- what is the watch that you now seem to be choosing time and time again? Inquiring minds want to know!

Secondly, I, for one, would love to see a thread where you show us pieces from your collection.

Lastly, your post really interests me because, for the first time ever, I am now wondering if it might be time for me to "cull the herd" a bit. Like you, I have pieces that are "go-to" pieces for me -- as well as pieces that, frankly, just don't get worn that often. Still, even for those pieces, I love having them as part of my collection -- and, I can honestly say that every single watch was selected for a reason and has its own story. Of course, that's what makes it doubly hard to consider parting with any.

I think the pandemic has changed my perception of things on this front. I have been working from home for many months now, so I don't have a routine that involves watches for the office, watches for home, watches for the weekend, etc. Add to that, a shifting sense of priorities which makes having a large collection a bit incongruous, and the net effect is to make me wonder whether it's time to start down the same path you're on.

In any event -- interesting to think about. Good luck with your project! :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:07 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Scot --

First off, I'm curious -- what is the watch that you now seem to be choosing time and time again? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jim, Only because you asked, here is one of my all time favorites. This is a 43mm Blue Sky Navitimer, introduced by John Travalta. Found this one second hand and it is one of the few that I have never considered moving.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

If you are so inclined I started a new "state of the collection" post if you are interested in some of my other pieces. I didn't really want to post them here and have people making offers on some of the watches pictured.

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:22 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

OHPF!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Now Sold!