The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
BACK UP FOR SALE AS THE BUYER DID NOT COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.
This limited edition watch was introduced in 2017 at a retail price of $8840 and, my price of $4299. with free shipping and insurance IS BY FAR THE LOWEST PRICE I CAN FIND ON LINE for this LIMITED EDITION AVENGER HURRICANE MILITARY WATCH #453/1000. In fact it is less than 1/2 of the original retail price. I am selling it as my grail watch arrived a few months ago and I have not been wearing this one.
Here is my BREITLING AVENGER HURRICANE MILITARY Limited edition 24 hour. It is in excellent condition with only some small marks on the Breitlight deployant buckle. The sale includes the sturdy Breitling outer box, the newest leather rounded case, COSC certificate, owners manual, limited edition CERTIFICAT DE SERIE LIMITEE (453/1000) booklet and Breitling seal as shown in the photos. It has the correct Breitling 283S strap which is olive canvas over rubber.
It has a 50mm case but, wears better than most in this size because it is made of Breitlight, a material exclusive to Breitling that is 3.3 times LIGHTER THAN TITANIUM and 5.8 times LIGHTER THAN STEEL, yet much harder. In fact, the watch with the strap WEIGHS ONLY about 3.5 ounces.

In addition Breitlight is exceptionally resistant to corrosion, scratching and is ANTI-MAGNETIC as well as anti-allergen. Combined with a thick sapphire crystal it’s a watch that can be subjected to even the harshest of surroundings.

The Breitling Avenger Hurricane Military was issued in a 1,000 piece limited edition. The slight beige color in the dial refers to the instruments that Breitling produced from the 1940s well up into the 1960s. A nod to Breitling’s aeronautical and military heritage.
SPECIFICATIONS:
XB12101A|BF46|283S|X20D.4 (limited to 1,000 pieces)
Movement:
Breitling B12 | Automatic | Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz) | Jewels: 47 | COSC certified | Hours, minutes, small seconds, 1/4th of a second chronograph, date | Power-reserve: 70 hours
Case & dial:
50 mm | Breitlight | Thickness: 16.95 mm | Cambered sapphire crystal, glare-proofed on both sides | Screw-locked crown | Unidirectional ratcheted rotating bezel | Vulcano black dial | Aeronautical-type numerals | Luminescent hands and numerals in yellow-beige | Water-resistance: 10 ATM / 10 bar / 100 meters / 330 feet

This Breitling Avenger Hurricane Military is COSC certified and houses an in-house Breitling caliber B12 with a power-reserve of more than 70 hours. The dial comes in a 24-hour display, with chronograph, small seconds and date window at 4.30 h. To complement it’s heritage the watch comes on a military olive fabric and rubber strap. The deployment buckle has a unique feature that allows the strap to be shortened or lengthened if needed. If the strap has been cut, the deployment buckle has a built in expansion adjustment good for an additional 3/8 inch.

USA SALES ONLY.
I am new here but, I do have over 3500 positive feedback on ebay throughout the last twenty years as well as three sales on the Rolex forum of FULL SET Rolex Sea Dweller 16600, a FULL SET Tag Heuer McQueen Monaco 24 / 36 CALIBER and a FULL SET Boutique edition Jaeger Le Coultre Extreme World Chrono.
$4299.00
FREE SHIPPING AND INSURANCE IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES.
If you have any questions or want additional photos, please contact me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Still available? You mentioned the marks on the deployment buckle. I thought the breitlight material was scratch resistant?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Jayarm wrote:
I thought the breitlight material was scratch resistant?

Resistant, yes. Impervious, no.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Ha, fair! I had a dark side of the moon and didn’t know how it compared to the ceramic cases. Not familiar with the breitlight material. So I assume still available then?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:09 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes, the watch is still available and with a lower price.
$3999. plus $100. for insured shipping
This is by far the lowest price anywhere in the world for this watch.
The marks on the deployant buckle are not scratches but rubs. Breitlite is very durable.
The original retail price was $8820.
Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:25 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

This watch is still available. at $3999.00 plus $100. for insured shipping.
If it sells, I will lose over $1500. and must admit to being in shock that a limited edition Breitling that listed new for $8820. and has had over 3500 views remains unsold. This is the lowest price on any sales site or watch forum in the world. Please buy my watch....Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Quote:
If it sells, I will lose over $1500. and must admit to being in shock that a limited edition Breitling that listed new for $8820. and has had 4800 views remains unsold. This is the lowest price on any sales site or watch forum in the world. Please buy my watch....Thanks for looking.

Bill, Hard to tell by the number of your posts if this is your first Breitling or not. If it is, I am sure you now realize that the majority of Breitling watches have poor resale value. Although your watch is fairly new and still under warranty you should realize that there are several dealers (both "grey" and authorized )offering extremely similar (not limited) watches for basically the same price (with a five year Breitling warranty). Limited editions rarely increase the resale value of Breitling watches.

In my opinion the Georges Kerns team has done little to address the poor resale value that exists with Breitling watches. With the exception of the re-editions all of the watches released in the Kerns era are readily available at a deep discount from AD's. The resale of these watches is even worse. Why? In my opinion Breitling refuses to adjust their production of watches to a number that comes close to actual demand. This surplus of watches is then made available to the market at a reduced price which is passed along to the consumer. Breitling has continued with this business philosophy (some may call it pump and dump) even though the demand for its watches is not there.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people do not buy multiple luxury watches and may not be aware of the pricing history of various brands. It is a tough lesson to learn that you $8500 watch that you just bought at the boutique is readily available for thousands less. Although I am a great admirer of Breitling watches, the current leadership needs to address this issue rather than just giving it the traditional "lip service"! Just my two cents!

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:41 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks. It is sad but true. I expected to lose money when I bought it at $5495. but, never thought I wouldn't be able to sell it.