The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The following sellers should not be trusted:

Erez Lugas (or Lugasi)
Hamakabim 42a neve neeman
Hod hasharon 45241
Israel

Nachal Kane 10/6
Tzur Izchak, Isreal
Israel

Ebay username is instfp, generale510 and / or bforever

William Thys

Other known e-mail brunobrial001@hotmail.com

Please note - Mr. Thys has advised that someone has hacked his Paypal account. I have an address and paypal ID, but in the absence of proof that 'brunobrial001 and Mr. Thys are the same person I have removed from here. If you have an opportunity to deal with a William Thys then I am happy to provide details.

BreitlingSource user name London_Calling
Richard Nilsson (aka Keith)

This isn't necessarily in the same league, but item never arrived 'lost' in the mail - resulted in PayPal claim, but note there is only one instance here, not the multiple problems seen with the other two sellers.

watchtime / watchtime2011 / watchdiamondz / diamondhour

This member has been using the e-mail address watch-time2011@live.com, and also green_eyed_balla@hotmail.com. I am sure that there are other e-mail addresses in place as well. Has listed Patek Philippe, Rolex and Panerai in multiple forums and there is evidence that at least some photos are stolen from other sellers. People on other forums have paid for watches which have not been delivered.

No known personal information, but member is from New Zealand.

Roff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:27 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

All,

It is becoming apparent that attempts are being made to hijack accounts of members here, it has also been happening on a number of other watch forums in the last week or so.

The scammer appears to be from the Philippines and will insist on payment by Western Union (although this could obviously change). To date we know that one member has been targetted successfully (account ownership has now been restored) and another has been subjected to an attempted take over. The known e-mail address for the attempted scammer is drudy@mail.com, although again there are doubtless many accounts being used.

This is obviously a little different from what we have seen in the past as it will appear to be a known and trusted member. The moderation team has access to some information that will make it pretty clear if this has happened and I will attempt to monitor, but it has to be done account by account and with 10,000 members we obviously can't check them all.

If anyone has any doubts or concerns please feel free to PM myself or Driver8 and we can check the member's details to see if their password and e-mail address have recently changed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

All,

We have seen another attempt to use a legitimate and trusted user's account to scam people by hijacking the account and changing passwords and e-mail addresses to prevent the right owner from accessing the account. The most recent attempt is account 'exelonman' and appears to have originated in Nigeria.

It is very easy to check whether passwords and e-mails have been changed so if you have any suspicions please report the post or PM Driver8 or myself and we can check. If your account has been compromised then again let us know immediately and we will try to restore it to you - in the case of exelonman his e-mail was also compromised so that account couldn't be restored.

I will try and monitor as we go but there are too may sales listings to be able to check everything so everyone needs to be vigilant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Posting this as a separate message to try and get more attention to it with a new post......

There has been an attempted scam with a new member attempting to sell watches that I am sure he didn't own. Member is out of Nigeria and has been using e-mail address of danmlewiskb3tuo@gmail.com or Suegmyers@gmail.com. Those are likely real e-mails that were taken over by this individual. The only reason that this got caught was because of a scam on another forum - the individual got his money back.

As always, please use extreme caution with any transaction - be very wary of sellers that won't accept PayPal (although be aware that not all countries allow PayPal), ask for references and check them, and if you are not sure then move on.

As always, if you aren't sure feel free to contact Driver8 or myself and see if we can dig a little deeper.
I will attempt to monitor as best I can but it is very difficult to separate new 'good guy' members from bad guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Posting this separately to get attention on it.

These aren't (yet) in the same category as previous confirmed scams, but there seem to have been an increase in questionable sales activity recently so want to raise awareness everywhere.

We have recently had an instance where two new members joined and their only posts were sales. They joined within two days of one another and both used the same IP address. It is explicitly against the rules to have multiple user IDs because of the opportunity to deceive, especially when it comes to sales and while an IP address isn't conclusive proof of the same person, the situation doesn't look good. I asked for an explanation and got absolutely nothing back, not a good sign. Members are freak.pan and frankgibson, please proceed with caution. If no explanation is received I will take further action.

Second instance is another new member jerri who again only posted sales. It was identified that the pictures used for a sale were the same as for an eBay seller and there appeared to be no connection with that seller. I asked for an explanation and seller has visited the site since but nothing has yet been provided. Again, draw your own conclusions and I will take further action if no satisfactory explanation is received.

Finally, just a little housekeeping on a couple of older situations. First, member jonedwrd. He was accused of fraudulent activity a few months ago and we now appear to have scared him off, but I will be banning the account and just noting this for reference. Second, a formerly active member mars. Accusations were made and he initially claimed his identity was stolen. When some of the inconsistencies in the story were pointed out he again disappeared. See also this link for more details - http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mike-Ande ... el-1214048.

As always, buy the seller first - get evidence of the watch being in the seller's possession and while there are legitimate reasons for not using PayPal in many circumstances, satisfy yourself that a seller who wants to bypass PayPal is legitimate.

4 people like this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Just a heads up that Erez Lugas or Erez Lugasi (mentioned in the first post on this thread back in 2009) may be operating here again. Please ensure you take the utmost care when dealing with any individuals in the sales forum and do your own due diligence before committing to any purchases. As the old saying goes, "buy the seller".

Site Moderator

Livaren likes this post.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]