Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all,
Over the years of wearing my 2004 Chrono-matic reissue that I purchased with a strap:
http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... er_82.html

... I find I can't wear the strap due to getting itching from the leather. It seems to be an allergic reaction to the leather (when I was a kid and had braces and had to wear the head-gear, I had the same thing). I also have a B1 on a fighter bracelet and have had no issues. As a result, my Chrono-matic went unworn until about a week ago when I broke down and bought a navitimer bracelet for it and so far so good.

Does anybody else have such issues? It really irks me because there are times where the strap visually works, but at the expense of a rash . . . Ugh!

-paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
No, never happened to me.

Why not try CF or Kevlar as an alternative? There are some really nice CF straps around, that might be able to emulate a leather strap. Hopefully they will not irritate you.

I have a dark blue Hirsh Kevlar on one of my watches and it is very classy indeed, IMO. Backing is rubber or PU, so no leather to be seen anywhere.

Worth a thought.

Jim

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I've never come across anyone having a leather allergy before, but then again, I found I was (genuinely) allergic to Country Chicken Flavour Wheat Crunchies when I was a kid - I used to come out in a rash after eating them - so it just goes to show we can be allergic to pretty much anything!

But as P51 said, you're probably going to have steer clear of leather altogether and go for kevlar or carbon-fibre..... but often those are sometimes lined with leather. I can't think of any leather straps that have a non-leather lining off the top of my head either. Corum used to do straps for their Bubble range that were rubber with a leather outer, but I'm pretty sure they had a leather lining on the inside too. The only other option is having a custom strap made by the likes of ABP for example. With them you could specify an alternative lining, which would be ideal for your needs.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:16 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi there,
(sorry for the delayed reply.) I think I may give a different strap a try (kevlar or CF, as you suggested.) Anyone have pictures of a non-leather strap that would compliment a blue-dial B1?

(Mmmmm... Meat-flavored cereal.)

thx!
paul