Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:55 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
HI!

Can the deployant buckle from a Bentley GT be used on a croc/leather deplyant strap?
If not, where is the best place to buy one?

What size strap should be used for a Bentley GT?

Thank you!

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

If it is the metal band, yes, but you are talking a lot of custom work not only to the strap but the metal bracelet.
If it is the silicone strap with deployant, yes, but you are talking a custom strap made for it.
If it is a leather band with deployant, yes, but you need to get a strap made specifically for it from Breitling or a custom one made to Breitling specs.

I believe your lug width is 22mm. If so, a strap that is 22-22, 22-20, or 22-18 will work. I'd advise 22-22 or 22-20 as they carry the weight better and are more masculine IMO. Straps come in all lengths...you have to figure out what you want for your wrist.

You could get a Breitling OEM strap in calf or crocodile, or you can get an aftermarket pre-made or aftermarket custom. I like the flexibility of having a strap made specifically for my (small) wrist. Breitling straps are exceptional quality as are many custom makers. I personally like shark over all other materials as I have found it to be more durable, more flexible, and softer than anything else...again that's me.

You can wear the strap using just a regular tang buckle, or using a deployant. There are many different deployant types, some which require a strap to be made specifically for it, and others that will use normal straps designed for tang buckles.

Breitling has two deployants. One they use for leather straps and one they use for silicone ones. I find the one for leather to be uncomfortable and not secure, and so I use the one for silicone straps as I find it to be the finest of its type across all brands. That means my straps are custom made for it. Your wrist size will likely determine what deployant works best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There are three Breitling deployants and interchangeability will depend on what is currently on your GT.

The GT comes with a factory 22/20 strap or bracelet which means that you will have a 20mm clasp right now:

The deployant for the bracelet can only be used on bracelet

The deployant for leather can be used on calf or croc leather

The deployant for rubber can be used on Diver Pro II or Ocean Racer, but not Diver Pro.

Note also that the calf, croc and Diver Pro II straps have both deployant and tang variants so you would need to get the deployant version.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Roffensian wrote:
There are three Breitling deployants and interchangeability will depend on what is currently on your GT.

The GT comes with a factory 22/20 strap or bracelet which means that you will have a 20mm clasp right now:

The deployant for rubber can be used on Diver Pro II or Ocean Racer, but not Diver Pro.

Note also that the calf, croc and Diver Pro II straps have both deployant and tang variants so you would need to get the deployant version.

I've used the metal bracelet's clasp as a donor for a custom strap once. It was a PITA and a poor financial choice, so I would not do it over. Personally I am impartial to getting a custom strap made for the deployant normally used with silicone straps as it is so, so nice.

-------

For OP...The least expensive option (by far) is a standard tang buckle. It can be used on normal straps. It cannot be used on straps using a Breitling deployant. Additionally, this 'traditional' strap can be used on most aftermarket deployants, both single and double foldovers. Its advantages are cost and sometimes comfort. It's downside is it excelerates wear on the strap. Tougher materias like gator/croc and shark hold up to this usage far better than calf (which is much cheaper than croc or shark as well). Most of my sharks use PAM-style Pre-V buckles. Anything calf or python or not so tough material is usually on a deployant.

A cheap 'standard' double butterfly deployant looks like this
My personal favorite aftermarket deployant is only 7 dollars shipped.

---

This is the standard deployant used on Breitling straps specifically made for it
It is a friction lock, and a single fold-over. Some people love this, other's dont. For my smaller wrist, I find it to be uncomfortable.

In order to use the above, you need a strap that looks like this

---

This is deployant/clasp used on silicone dive straps and is my personal favorite.
I personally like the look more, prefer the secure lock, the comfort more than anything else on the market made by anyone (again, just my opinion).

For this you can by a dive strap to go with it. If you have a custom strap made, it needs to follow the same lengths and holes as the silicone straps do once they are sized for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Wow - lot's of choices here. Thank you for the info - you have definitely opened my eyes and save me some bucks!

Ed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Roffensian wrote:

One other variation that I put together myself. Deployant clasp for rubber on the woven steel. Fantastic! I'm not sure if it works with other bracelets though.
Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358614148.025189.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.