The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
Any advice on where to get OEM spring bars?

I was hoping to buy a variety but am in most need the spring bars (1 medium, 2 small) that holds the bottom buckle of the Pilot bracelet to each of the sides with links (see picture below).

I just got my Breitling back from the full service overhaul. Two of these spring bars don't hold (if you remove them, the tips pop off as they are not captured anymore from being bent [see pic]), and they did not replace them. I asked if I could buy the spring bars and they could mail it to me but was told they can't ship the parts and I would have to send them the bracelet to get the spring bars replaced or go through a dealer which handles this stuff. The Breitling Boutique in NY told me that the smaller spring bar is a "special" type because it is the faceted bracelet (I figured it wouldn't make a difference but what do I know?) and I would have to go through BUSA to get it. So I called around a bit and found a dealer way down south that says they have them and they are $18 each...I'm not dropping $60 bucks on 3 spring bars. Normal spring bar sellers don't have this size. I am stumped. Any ideas, anyone?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:52 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
I can't fathom the spring bars are different than the regular pilot. I'd take it in to a local Breitling AD and have them put some spring bars in. They won't be OEM per se, but both Hyde Park and Ganem have provided me heavy duty spring bars - at least as good as OEM. For free actually, but there is always someone at Ganem who can put some new spring bars in for what I would imagine is a nominal charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:28 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
Do you know if Hyde Park or Ganem will sell them outright? If they are aftermarket and of the same quality, that's no issue at all...I just would prefer not to have to ship the bracelet off. I mean, I change the straps out daily, so replacement of spring bars is something I do on a day-to-day basis almost. I respect Breitling's policy of not selling parts, but it has made the process rather difficult :(