Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:46 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 17 posts
Hi

I recently purchased a great preowned Breitling Aerospace Evo E7936310/F562 with titanium bracelet and Tungsten Grey dial. The watch was originally sold new in 2014 in Switzerland according to the certificate.

I love the watch - it is so comfortable and looks great !!

Unfortunately it came without the complete box set. I only got a service box and the certificate and Chronometre certificate + the service instruction booklet.

I am looking to complete the watch as much as possible with at least a box set including the leather travel purse etc. However I am having a bit of difficulty trying to figure out what box is the correct style for my watch as some come with black and brown travel purses, with or without a yellow Breitling sticker on top of the box lid or just imprinted text.

Does any of you know if there is a way to determine what style of box came with my watch originally - or is it more random from AD to AD ?

I kind of narrowed it down to a choice between these two styles shown below - so its a question of the style of the lid and the colour of the leather travel purse.

Image[/URL]

Thank you in advance for your help !

Here is a couple of pictures of my watch:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
I would go with the box on the bottom, Assuming that it comes with the black travel case. I recall the brown travel cases being introduced in 2015, but am not 100% sure. Breathing has gone thru numerous types since they stopped using the bakelite boxes. Nice watch and Good luck with your search!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:53 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

56scooter wrote:
I would go with the box on the bottom, Assuming that it comes with the black travel case. I recall the brown travel cases being introduced in 2015, but am not 100% sure. Breathing has gone thru numerous types since they stopped using the bakelite boxes. Nice watch and Good luck with your search!

Thanks for the answer, Scooter !!

It is somewhat of a jungle ! :shock:

I actually did have the notion that the one on the bottom was the older one of the two, which fits in with what you are saying.

Anybody else want to chip in ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:00 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
The brown one is the newer one. A watch I purchased in 2014 had the black one, a watch I purchased in late 2015 had the brown one.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 40 posts
I'd go for the brown, simply becasue it's more current, although I think it also depends on the AD. My Yellow Seawolf is only a few months old, but came in the black - was only in the AD couple of months before I bought it - and the AD did say that sometimes people buy a watch and ask for the newer packaging and their staff sometimes oblige by swapping things around a bit.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:01 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for the answers - I agree that it seems as if it varies a little from AD to AD and also if a customer wants a certain type.

I have chosen to go for the period correct version, since I have no personal preferences for the colour of the travel purse.

Found one on "the bay" and it is now heading my way - only thing I now have to find in addition to that is a manual booklet and hangtag (I have a feeling that a bezel protector will be pretty impossible to find).

Anything else I am missing to have a complete set ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk