The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:47 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 47 posts
I think it was sharkman who turned me on to Stone Creek Straps. I like what I see and have been browsing the site a lot. Had a few back and forth conversations about what is possible, sadly the Python I really liked is not available any longer. So I am considering having an Omega style deployment strap built for my PO. As usual all this is a very personal thing...but I have seen some good reasoning :shock: from this group about such matters as why a Nato is not a good match for X or why not consider A over B. Also, I'd say I tend to be a bit less formal than most here so looking for some comments on possible restraint.

Also need comments on rolled edges or not. Currently leaning toward paying the extra $$$ for it but wondering if it is a big difference.

So what do you think about a strap from the center part of this (more black part)

For this

It would be shaped just like this with black stitching.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I think the center would look great for the watch! She can make it anyway you want and for any clasp you want, stock or not. It would depend on the band as for the rolled edges or not. I think they would look great on a Croc. Band, but kinda like the plain on the other, but it's all up to what you like in the end!

Jeanna(Stone Creek) does great work my friend! She has done many bands for me and all have come out just awesome! This is just one of my bands(Sharkskin Band) she made for me and I just love it!

If you can let her make you one! Work is Great, her bands are Great and she is Great! Two thumbs up!! :thumbsup: I'm hoping she can do one for my Steelfish, but not sure what kind to go with! I think the Sharkskin is a good idea!!

Breitling Airwolf
Breitling Colt II Auto

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

So far Jeanna has been great to work with. As for the rolled edges I guess it is just looking at the cross section of the strap you will see the material wrap around to the wrist side of the band for rolled and with non-rolled edges you will see two layers of material :?: Not that big of a deal I guess, sort of a fine detail thing right? Must be labor intensive as it drives the price up about 30%

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
First, congratulations on getting your PO back! Just to make your decision a bit harder, a few PO owners have had custom leather strap pieces made to work with the Ploprof clasp so that you have on the fly micro-adjustment. I've been trying to find rubber 20mm/20mm pieces that will work for my 42mm PO.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... 302899.jpg

Just sayin' :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Budlum24 wrote:
First, congratulations on getting your PO back! Just to make your decision a bit harder, a few PO owners have had custom leather strap pieces made to work with the Ploprof clasp so that you have on the fly micro-adjustment. I've been trying to find rubber 20mm/20mm pieces that will work for my 42mm PO.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... 302899.jpg

Just sayin' :wink:

Very cool!

I thought about having a strap made of the orange Sea Snake that used the Breitling push-button clasp, as that is my favorite, but figured I'd stick with all Omega. That strap/clasp is a seriously tough looking set up.