Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:08 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Guys

Just need some info regarding the Diver pro 1 with Breitling embossing on the strap. I understand its been discontinued but I am hoping I will be able to find one still out there and have a few questions about it. Ive asked this on another forum today and am still to get a reply and figured you guys here would know better.There seemed to be 2 types of this strap, as shown in the attached pic, one version had rounded beading, a pointed tip and engraved logo, the other version (pic with the yellow background) the beading and tip are squared and the logo is raised.

My questions are:
1/ Which of the 2 versions came first? Pointed tip/engraved logo or squared tip/raised logo? Just curious
2/ I prefer the squared tip/raised logo version (yellow background) are they still available anywhere? (From the AD's I contacted here in Australia only Diver Pro II available).
3/ If available does anyone know any online retailers (Authentic watches have the pointed tip/engraved logo only and very expensive)
4/ I have found both versions on eBay but don't know if they are genuine? Any reputable eBay sellers? Or should I stay away from eBay

From one of the other posts I read someone said they retail approx $125...is that with buckle? and where. Most things here in Australia are always overpriced compared to the US. Any info would be appreciated

Cheers RJ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:18 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Raised logo style is later, although of course they can be mixed and matched with the strap.

There aren't many left at ADs now which is why they tend to be selling for a premium on eBay. There are good fakes and it's difficult to tell just from photos so eBay is always going to be a risk, a WTB ad here and on the other forums is probably safer. I think that the last official list price on these before being discontinued was $110 plus $25 for the tang buckle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Roffensian

Thanks for the quick reply. I prefer the raised logo and squared tip, looks nicer. Yeah eBay is risky and seeing they are discontinued I guess they can charge more. I appreciate the help.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 5 posts
You can still find them in stock. Prices in eBay are unreasonable. I just sent my emergency on a worn out strap for overhaul and had a quote of around 120usd on the strap without buckle. Best thing is a quick call to all AD around you.