The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I'm looking for buying a Breitling professional bracelet for my recently procured BREITLING COLT CHRONOGRAPH AUTOMATIC A13035.1 watch. But the sad part is that the previous owner has replaced the original blue leather strap with some abc rubber strap with hidden clasp with no name on it.

I like SS bracelets from Breitling and I would like to have professional bracelet, but having the production stopped model bracelet I find it too difficult everywhere in the net with no availability responses.

Hence, I'm here asking for suggestion to findout what are the other steel bands can go with my Colt Chrono. I could see Professional II 20/18 is available for $485 brand new but not sure if it will fit in to my colt. Please post your suggestions.

The professional II from Jomashop: http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-profe ... -811a.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There was no Pro II made for that watch, not sure if any will actually fit. It's not as simple as getting the right lug width, Breitling end links are unique to the watch so only rarely will a bracelet fit a model that it's not designed for.

It also makes no sense to buy bracelets from the grey market, they are often more expensive than through an AD.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:28 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
You can go to any Breitling AD and order one. I'm sure they are still in stock since it's only the end links that matter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you friends, I will talk to the AD by next week and I will hope to find the right bracelet for the watch. Meanwhile if you have any additional information regarding this watch and the appropriate bracelet/link details please post it here.

Additionally I also found a ebay ad for a used bracelet that exactly matches to my watch specs with a completely different end link number 886a. Is it the right end link for the watch in question?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREITLING-COLT- ... 1998wt_952

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:11 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The only ones that I know of that fit are 878a and 861a. 878a is the better bracelet, 861a has hollow links. I have no idea what 886a is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
The only ones that I know of that fit are 878a and 861a. 878a is the better bracelet, 861a has hollow links. I have no idea what 886a is.

Ok, I'm visiting the AD today and will see what they have for me. Thanks for the info you have posted. Appreciated.

I have been hunting for a bracelet for 2nd day in row, and I happen to stop by this ebay page

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 948wt_1139

The seller confirmed that this band is 20-18 but the problem is end piece, the end piece is marked as 124E.

Ah it looks like Titanium bracelet used in Aurospace as per the forum discussion here: http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... =3&t=25547

Not sure if Titanium will look ok on my polished colt case

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Update: Just visited Sheman & Sons Jeweler in Bridgewater, NJ who is also a Breitling AD, at first they said the Professional model bracelet will not be available and the equal model details from professional II series is not available with them hence they need to talk to Breitling. Since Breitling is not working today, she asked me to come or call tomorrow to know the status. Hmm I hope something opens up for me.

Now again I hit another Professional 20-18 bracelet with end link number 872A, Ah I'm going mad as to find if I buy this bracelet how difficult to source a endlink that goes with my watch. So I will only need to worry about the end link to put the bracelet on my watch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

What a wonderful day today. I visited Sherman and Co. the Breiting SD in Bridgewater, NJ.

The sales person attended me was very helpful, after she received the suggestion from Breitling to try SuperOcean model bracelet with my watch she asked me to come to the showroom today.

Upon my arrival to the store she took my watch and also a brand new superocean from the display, she handed over the watches to the watch smith in side the showroom. They removed oneside of bracelets from both the watch and connected the superoceans bracelet with my watch.

Hurray it was direct fit and she confirmed to Breitling on the phone that Professional II 131A model bracelet fits perfectly.

Now my question to her, how much is the price? After inquiring the same with Breitling on the phone she said it is $540 + 7% tax = $577.8 net.

I told her I will revert back after few hours to place my order.

Friend let me know if ordering online with Jomashop or anyothere online vendor is genuine, Because Jomashop sells the bracelet 10% discount and also tax free. So the total ownership will cost me only $486 only.

PS: The watch smith who took my watch to swap the bracelet also confirmed it is original and she also validated the watch serial number with Breitling and confirmed the color of the dial and watch as original one.

Let the pictures to talk now:

Attachment:
IMG00495-20120103-1158.jpg

Attachment:
IMG00493-20120103-1158.jpg

Attachment:
IMG00496-20120103-1230.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

It's definitely bad form to avail yourself of the AD's services and stock, then order on online for a discount. It's even more so, after you told them you'd order from them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I'm sorry, my question was wrong. As stated I'm going to order through AD no doubt. I actually wanting to know how could onsline shops (excluding tax) sells cheaper than AD and if the online sellers products are genuine? As my discussion with AD revealed that Breitling never sells any parts outside the AD network, so the question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Ah -- a bit of a language gap, I suspect.

My understanding is that Jomashop and other "gray market" dealers obtain their stock from ADs at a discount. Maintaining the facility and inventory for an AD is expensive, and ADs may have to move older items out quickly at times, for cash flow or other reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you, I got it.

As an update, I have placed the order for the bracelet with Sherman & Sons and expecting it in a week's time. Isn't a good feeling to wait for the authentic and brand new bracelet ? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Though it is not related to my watch, just happen to notice from another fake or real query about a ebay listed A13035 watch that Professional I bracelet with 861A.

I've copied the original pictures from the advertisement and posting it here for future reference. All the credits for this picture goes to the original owner.

Attachment:
881a.jpg

Attachment:
directfit.jpg

Attachment:
coltauromarine.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hurray, Finally my watch wears a stainless steel professional II 131A bracelet. It is amazing to see this beauty with the new bracelet.

Attachment:
DSC00800.JPG

Attachment:
DSC00802.JPG

Attachment:
DSC00799.JPG

Attachment:
DSC00797.JPG

Attachment:
DSC00794.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:03 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Folks,

I'm now getting one more Professional bracelet for my watch but it doesn't have end link, how easy to get required endlinks ?